Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

lol.. the best way for me is in my incubator!.. the raccoons and skunks manage to raid every darn nest about halfway through incubation (the ducks are penned and not in a coop).. so mine hatch MUCH better in my bators!
lau.gif

I have scovy eggs in the bators now too.. lost count as to how many since I have all sorts of ducks incubating at the moment

Hey yinepu, been awhile, huh? Glad you are on here. I have only four laying including one that just started. I have ten ducks and three drakes and soon my incubator will be full, especially when all ten start laying. So far, fertility has been very good. Most of the Muscovy eggs are around 70 grams, but I have one at 96 grams that looks good after a couple of weeks and one that is 59 grams that shows promise. I probably shouldn't incubate such small or large eggs but I'm curious to see what happens.
Bob

4/5 externally pipped with one possibly beginning to unzip. They're not too chirpy - is this typical? I try to talk to them but will very rarely get a response. Is it normal for Muscovies to take over 24 from external pip to hatch? That'd reassure me.

4/5 externally pipped with one possibly beginning to unzip. They're not too chirpy - is this typical? I try to talk to them but will very rarely get a response. Is it normal for Muscovies to take over 24 from external pip to hatch? That'd reassure me. 

How many hours over?

-Kathy

First egg to pip was sometime between 9 am - noon yesterday, so its around 25- 28 hours (couple hours over give or take). The one soon after the first has made a little progress.

Last edited:
Some might say leave them alone, but I have found that when mine take that long there is usually a reason. Hopefully someone with more experience hatching Muscovy eggs will comment as I am not that experienced using an incubator.

Problems I had with mine were malpositions and/or shrink wrapping. You could try peeling a little shell and take a peak, but remember, I'm a novice!

-Kathy

Good news; it's unzipping! I was a little worried as it was the smallest egg of the bunch and had a huge aircell toward the end.

@laurabr : Ohhh awww! I can't get over the cute - look at them all bundled there with a proud Mom. Congrats!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom