Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Quote:
I didn't bother to weigh mine since I have so many kinds of duck eggs in there right now (regular muscovys, french white muscovys, calls, silkies, black east indies, mutts, cayugas, khaki campbells, rouens, giant pekins, golden 300's, anconas, blue swedish, assorted mixed geese.. who am I forgetting?.. with peafowl and more duck eggs enroute) ... so I just did a quick glance for egg condition and set them.. right now I have hatch dates from April 14th on into May.. with eggs hatching every couple of days.. lol.. at least the turkey hatch is done for the year (except for the broody turkey hen)...

One of my scovy hens has decided yet again to attempt to set a nest (she had one hidden from me).. since she is guarding it I figured I would let her try again to get some to hatch... poor girl has had so many "almost hatches" so i may have to give her some ducklings if the predators end up snatching her eggs again..

Last edited:
My oh my, yinepu, you're busy!

Well, 3 have hatched throughout the day, with the last two progressing into zipping bit by bit. Guess they really do like to get gussied up before the big hatch lol. Here's some hatching pics! :)

Just wanna say that the entirety of this thread, as with yinepu's guide to incubating 'scovies has been my guide the past 35 days. Major thanks to all!! Looking forward to raising these little ones!

My oh my, yinepu, you're busy! Well, 3 have hatched throughout the day, with the last two progressing into zipping bit by bit. Guess they really do like to get gussied up before the big hatch lol. Here's some hatching pics! :) Just wanna say that the entirety of this thread, as with yinepu's guide to incubating 'scovies has been my guide the past 35 days. Major thanks to all!! Looking forward to raising these little ones!
Thank you so much for sharing the pictures!

My oh my, yinepu, you're busy! Well, 3 have hatched throughout the day, with the last two progressing into zipping bit by bit. Guess they really do like to get gussied up before the big hatch lol. Here's some hatching pics! :) Just wanna say that the entirety of this thread, as with yinepu's guide to incubating 'scovies has been my guide the past 35 days. Major thanks to all!! Looking forward to raising these little ones!
Awwww how cute, so you have three out of five?? Or did they all make it out??

Thanks! The last 2 are pipped (the last one didn't externally pip until one chick was already hatched), the other one started to unzip but think went to sleep when it got dark. I'm hopeful I'll be waking up to the rest of them. :)

My oh my, yinepu, you're busy!

Well, 3 have hatched throughout the day, with the last two progressing into zipping bit by bit. Guess they really do like to get gussied up before the big hatch lol. Here's some hatching pics! :)

Just wanna say that the entirety of this thread, as with yinepu's guide to incubating 'scovies has been my guide the past 35 days. Major thanks to all!! Looking forward to raising these little ones!

awww.. Congrats!

and yeah.. I stay busy.. bators run all year (I do try to take 2 weeks off around christmas... lol)
and I hatch out everything under the sun.. from ducks to parrots to reptiles and other exotic birds

Of the 4 eggs under the duck, one has pipped internally, one looks like it will pip internally in the next 24 hours, the one with the air cell at the wrong end is still alive, I think, but the 4th one looks dead.

-Kathy

My oh my, yinepu, you're busy! Well, 3 have hatched throughout the day, with the last two progressing into zipping bit by bit. Guess they really do like to get gussied up before the big hatch lol. Here's some hatching pics! :) Congrats! -Kathy Just wanna say that the entirety of this thread, as with yinepu's guide to incubating 'scovies has been my guide the past 35 days. Major thanks to all!! Looking forward to raising these little ones!

Back
Top Bottom