Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

I really think it's more about turning... this egg was from a nest made on rocks and most of the other eggs did not survive. Only one other duckling from this nest.

-Kathy

I just read this on another thread earlier this morning.
At days 11 - 12 of incubation, the chorio-allantoic membrane reaches the sharp end of the egg. If the albumen sac is too large due to insufficient weight loss, this membrane cannot reach the sharp end and will not be closed. Insufficent weight loss is typically caused either by too low a temperature or over high humidity. Observe whether or not the chorio-­allantoic membrane is closed by looking inside the bottom part of the empty shells. If there was overheating during the last days in the setter or in the hatcher, excessively thick and clearly visible blood vessels will be observed
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ll-detatched-shipped-eggs/26220#post_13376378

I don't have chickens, but if there is a mother duck incubating, she knows what to do, they've been doing it for millions of years. If some eggs don't hatch, no big loss, they may have been infertile. Any time you can let nature do it without help from well-meaning but sometimes misguided humans, the ducks ( or any other animal) will be better for it.

I don't have chickens, but if there is a mother duck incubating, she knows what to do, they've been doing it for millions of years. If some eggs don't hatch, no big loss, they may have been infertile. Any time you can let nature do it without help from well-meaning but sometimes misguided humans, the ducks ( or any other animal) will be better for it.
These eggs I'm having issues with *were* under ducks and chickens.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom