Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Is it still necessary to turn those eggs if they are bobbing slightly every now and then in the incubator. To me this indicates that they're able to move inside the egg by themselves, so turning is no longer necessary. Am I right in this assumption? I would prefer to not open the incubator at all during this time, since in my incubator it sometimes takes hours for the humidity to stabilize again.

How are the bubbas coming along?

Nothing yet. With my last muscovy hatch the external pipping began three days after the internal pip. If that holds, I should see some external pips tomorrow.
fl.gif

Ugh I'm so bummed. I candied my eggs at 7 days and only 4 show any signs of developing. That's a really bad result out of 14 eggs. Several have half blood rings and others show nothing. Think I should complain to the ebay seller?

Ugh I'm so bummed. I candied my eggs at 7 days and only 4 show any signs of developing. That's a really bad result out of 14 eggs. Several have half blood rings and others show nothing. Think I should complain to the ebay seller?
So sorry... Shipped eggs? My first six I got four live, one early death and one late death. Second set of six nothing grew.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom