Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

I don't think I would call 4 viable eggs out of 14 excellent. It' sure is a big risk for the buyers of shipped eggs and we do take that risk willingly, but I think a little sympathy can be shown for buyers who pay for eggs and shipping and in the end get a disappointing hatch result.  You're a seller and your get your money no matter if your eggs hatch or not. That's by far the best end of the deal.
especially when most people trying to make money short on the rations, so you wind up with mostly infertile eggs that are then blamed on shipping. And it's not just on ebay either.

Last edited:
Many peafowl breeders won't ship eggs because of the issues getting them to hatch. Truth be told, I would never buy eggs that had to be shipped. The ones I got were part of a trade, so all I had to pay for was shipping.

Not saying people shouldn't buy shipped eggs, just that I won't.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

I wish I could get some Muscovy's locally. I will still buy shipped chicken eggs but these ducks are proving tough.

If I ever get my act together and get shipping supplies I'd gladly ship eggs for the cost of shipping, materials and diesel (costs me about $5 in fuel to go to the PO).

-Kathy

especially when most people trying to make money short on the rations, so you wind up with mostly infertile eggs that are then blamed on shipping. And it's not just on ebay either.

Yeah eggs aren't really like other items you buy. You have to believe a seller's fertility claims and only leave feedback on the condition off the eggs when they arrive.

If I ever get my act together and get shipping supplies I'd gladly ship eggs for the cost of shipping, materials and diesel (costs me about $5 in fuel to go to the PO).

-Kathy

You should definitely sell your product. Sellers definitely deserve to make money, I just took umbrage to the sentiment of be happy you got something.

Quick question:
One of the other eggs that had external pipped 28 hours ago began cracking some of the shell (not much) proximal to the external pip bump about 6-7 hours ago, and then stopped. It hasn't made any improvement since, but the egg occasionally rocks. Should I be worried? I've heard that once zipping starts, there shouldn't be much delay, so I'm not sure why this one has done nothing for the past 7 hours.
hu.gif

I've opened the incubator twice to deal with a duckling and humidity, but I've closed it immediately and lockdown conditions were quickly reestablished. Could this have shrinkwrapped the duckling?

Last edited:
I don't think I would call 4 viable eggs out of 14 excellent. It' sure is a big risk for the buyers of shipped eggs and we do take that risk willingly, but I think a little sympathy can be shown for buyers who pay for eggs and shipping and in the end get a disappointing hatch result. You're a seller and your get your money no matter if your eggs hatch or not. That's by far the best end of the deal.
Perhaps it should be explain the roughness those shipped eggs go threw, the big question is did you purchase 14? My guess no, you probably purchased less but received Extras. Extras shouldn't count in your purchase since those are giving out of the goodness of the shippers heart, I wonder how far the trip was from her place to yours. My guess quite a ways, so the question is did they get enough time to settle. Probably not if you have some quitters.

Shippers wouldn't sell anymore if each time a Buyer doesn't get a hatching that meets his or hers satisfaction.. they can't replace eggs every time someone who recieves eggs only get a few out of the deal. You know it's a risk, yet you take the risk and then want to complain about it? your best bet is not to get anymore shipped eggs. Search for them locally..

What your basically saying is I'm gonna go by a lottery ticket and it better be the winning ticket if it's not I'm going to complain until they give me the winning ticket. LOL it's a gamble and so are shipped eggs. can't exspect a 100% hatching rate or get the winning lottery ticket each time you take the gamble.. It's not fair for the seller.

Also I'm sure the seller doesn't have it posted anywhere's. You will get a perfect hatching with my eggs, sellers job is to make sure you get your eggs unbroken. It's your job to do the best to get them to hatch.

Infertiled is a different story, this person HAS fertiled eggs and wants to complain? how is that fair???

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom