Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Infertiled is a different story, this person HAS fertiled eggs and wants to complain? how is that fair???

I wish I had recieved 14 fertile eggs but only 7 had signs of any fertility. Yes I got 2 extra eggs but what good did that do? Out of the 7 4 we're looking like they had something going at day 14 but now at day 18 I only have 2 eggs that I'm certain will make it unless something unforseen happens. We all agree shipped eggs are a huge risk but again as a seller your risk is minimal. If you buy on Ebay now sellers only want feedback on how the eggs were received, whole or broken. You could ship out unfertile eggs cash in and just tell the buyer the usual story of, oh shipping is very hard on eggs it's the risk you take. A win win for the seller, too bad for the buyer.

I wish I had recieved 14 fertile eggs but only 7 had signs of any fertility.  Yes I got 2 extra eggs but what good did that do? Out of the 7 4 we're looking like they had something going at day 14 but now at day 18 I only have 2 eggs that I'm certain will make it unless something unforseen happens. We all agree shipped eggs are a huge risk but again as a seller your risk is minimal. If you buy on Ebay now sellers only want feedback on how the eggs were received, whole or broken. You could ship out unfertile eggs cash in and just tell the buyer the usual story of, oh shipping is very hard on eggs it's the risk you take. A win win for the seller, too bad for the buyer.
especially since if you do not that way, you wouldn't even need to keep any cockbirds.

I wish I had recieved 14 fertile eggs but only 7 had signs of any fertility. Yes I got 2 extra eggs but what good did that do? Out of the 7 4 we're looking like they had something going at day 14 but now at day 18 I only have 2 eggs that I'm certain will make it unless something unforseen happens. We all agree shipped eggs are a huge risk but again as a seller your risk is minimal. If you buy on Ebay now sellers only want feedback on how the eggs were received, whole or broken. You could ship out unfertile eggs cash in and just tell the buyer the usual story of, oh shipping is very hard on eggs it's the risk you take. A win win for the seller, too bad for the buyer.
7 out of 14 is very good odds considering they were shipped. Even though the results aren't quite what you want them to be, It's still good odds.

Second, Yeh a seller COULD send infertiled eggs. but again, not in your case. If all you eggs showed NOTHING, I would say you have a very good complaint on your hands.. But seeing how you do have signs of life, you have fertiled eggs. It's the sellers job to make sure those eggs get there safely and you have fertiled eggs, NOT excellent hatchings..

Yes, it's help for sellers to get good feed back, it helps us be better sellers, it's buyers that don't want to leave the good feed back because they didn't get what they wanted because they didn't take the precautions when it came to shipped eggs. That's not fair..

If your not happy with getting what you get then my best suggestion, Don't buy from ebay.. Don't buy shipped eggs AT all, there are a lot of factors that go into having a good successful hatching with shipped eggs.

I could help you with that problem. I just sent 8 Splash eggs to someone on BYC and guess what, they are Happy Campers because they got 6 babies out of the deal. LOTS of factors, lots of tricks to try to be successful at it hatching shipped eggs, I could help you be more successful with your shipped eggs but you have to consider all FACTORs..

7 out of 14 is very good odds considering they were shipped. Even though the results aren't quite what you want them to be, It's still good odds.

Second, Yeh a seller COULD send infertiled eggs. but again, not in your case. If all you eggs showed NOTHING, I would say you have a very good complaint on your hands.. But seeing how you do have signs of life, you have fertiled eggs. It's the sellers job to make sure those eggs get there safely and you have fertiled eggs, NOT excellent hatchings..

Yes, it's help for sellers to get good feed back, it helps us be better sellers, it's buyers that don't want to leave the good feed back because they didn't get what they wanted because they didn't take the precautions when it came to shipped eggs. That's not fair..

If your not happy with getting what you get then my best suggestion, Don't buy from ebay.. Don't buy shipped eggs AT all, there are a lot of factors that go into having a good successful hatching with shipped eggs.

I could help you with that problem. I just sent 8 Splash eggs to someone on BYC and guess what, they are Happy Campers because they got 6 babies out of the deal. LOTS of factors, lots of tricks to try to be successful at it hatching shipped eggs, I could help you be more successful with your shipped eggs but you have to consider all FACTORs..

I have had good luck with shipped eggs in the past. I just didn't think that 7 non fertile eggs out of 12 not counting the 2 extras were a great deal. I would call sending out half an order of non fertile eggs a rip off and dishonesty on the side of the seller. I hate to clutter this great thread with my complaints. I've learnt so much from it and hopefully somebody can learn something from my experience. Anybody can ship out whole eggs. That's not the issue but if you want results, buy eggs from sellers who have feedback from buyers who actually had eggs hatch. Sellers can claim 96% hatch rates but it means nothing if they send you non fertile or damaged eggs to start with.

I agree, stick with sellers on BC with good hatch rates and feedback from buyers.

My eggs hatched! Well one egg hatched perfectly the other duckling ended up dying. I made airholes after both internally pipped. The one that is alive hatched unassisted. The second sounded like it was drowning. Lots of liquid in the egg. Hours later he hatched completely. The duckling was tiny, half the size of the other one with still some yoke unabsorbed. I put him back in the egg and in a cup with onion as suggested here. He wiggled out and seemed pretty strong. Later that night however it looked like he expelled all of his yoke in a big sack and he died. I wish I knew how to save him.

Other duckling is doing very well but he was crying constantly. I got him a little chick to hang out with and he's happy. Next week I'm getting some Rouen ducklings I'll pair him up with.

Muscovylover, this might be too late too help but I stopped candling at 30 days. I candled once the eggs stared rolling and chirping to see if they internally pipped.

Here's my little Muscovy and his friend.

Muscovylover, this might be too late too help but I stopped candling at 30 days. I candled once the eggs stared rolling and chirping to see if they internally pipped. Here's my little Muscovy and his friend.
Thanks TexasFreeRanger. I was asking more for accurate growth. I don't weigh the egss and this is only my second incubation. Ive been marking the air sac to determine if they are coming along okay and to make sure temp anf hunidity are good. I asked because I wanted to be sure I wasn't over doing it with the candling :)

So... Is there ANY chance that the entire universe is wrong and that young Pip is a girl??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom