Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

The RCOM is such a pain to clean properly. Look at what else I found:

It's a little Peking cross.
big_smile.png

-Kathy
OMG, HE"S ADORABLE.

Aww!

Update-at 24 hours after making the air hole I started chipping back till it could see the bill. He was positioned correctly but upside down (pecking under the egg rather than the top) and he'd pipped through a small vein and bled a little. I chipped away the shell from the air sac and wet the membranes every two hours. He got his head out but seems very weak. I have him on a paper towel propped up in the incubator since I (apparently) do not own a cup that will fit in the bator.

Not quite sure where to go from here. He was a little gooey but only on one side (that sides feathers are all stuck in bunches now while the other has fluffed up). Just seems so weak.
Can you send me a pic of him.

Is there angle that would be best? Right now he looks like a hallmark card:duckling sleeping half in, half out the shell

Sorry for changing the subject but if anybody has any ideas on this let me know:

I was thinking about getting some duckeggs shipped, to hatch, but I'm not sure if I should, asthe hatch rate is always low? But there as I live in Northern Ireland (UK) there army any hatcheries near by, so I don't know what to do? I don't want to waste my money!

Sorry for changing the subject but if anybody has any ideas on this let me know:

I was thinking about getting some duckeggs shipped, to hatch, but I'm not sure if I should, asthe hatch rate is always low? But there as I live in Northern Ireland (UK) there army any hatcheries near by, so I don't know what to do? I don't want to waste my money!
You will always get a low hatching rate when it comes to shipped eggs and that's because of the roughness between point A to B. If you get half of them to hatch, it's consider Excellent anything more than that is a HUGE bonus. For a decent hatching, the fastest and quickest way of getting them to you is the way to go as well as letting them set for a few days because of the long journey.. With ducks, if they are packed really good and understand even the best packing ever could still affect the eggs. but if they are pack good, your chances are better, keep one thing in mind duck eggs have a much harder shell than a chicken so it's harder for them to get cracked or destroyed..

The cute hallmark pics (which show nothing, lol!)

To get pics inside the shell I'll have to lay him flat, is that ok? When I last looked (3ish hours ago) I could see veins as the back of the shell that looked thicker and bright red (where he'd pipped there was very, very thin veining in some spots, mostly none) and I thought I saw a yolk sac.

Back
Top Bottom