Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Ok so I have found a person, who i can buy 10 ducklings, of they White chilterns, has anybody ever had these, and he also had 8 geese eggs, which I'm going to buy of him, and he said he would throw in some ducks eggs aswell for me, but here is the problem, I have the 5 duck eggs in on day 5, I'm pretty sure only one is fertile, but I only have one incubator, What do I do, don't geese and ducks take them same length as ducks to hatch so I can put them in together but what do I do about the one duck egg that I think is Fertile, should I put it in with them, and let it it hatch and when it does take it out, or should I put it in the brooder, and mist it? Or should I just take it out and l throw it away?

NO YOU CANT THROW IT AWAY OMG NOOO

Ok with one bator and different dates my best suggestion for you is don't lock the one down. He should still hatch you may have to spray just him during lock down like maybe once or so but other then that just leave him bee same procedure though as far as. It turning him anymore.

Ok with one bator and different dates my best suggestion for you is don't lock the one down. He should still hatch you may have to spray just him during lock down like maybe once or so but other then that just leave him bee same procedure though as far as. It turning him anymore.
Good news, my friend Is going to let me borrow theirs, but could u help me, I have 14 chicken eggs and one duck egg on day 5, they can go in the one incubator, as they will hatch on the same date, but what do I do about the other duck eggs he is going to give me, and the 8 geese eggs, I have 2 incubators, can u please help me :/ ahaha

Last edited:
Good news, my friend Is going to let me borrow theirs, but could u help me, I have 14 chicken eggs and one duck egg on day 5, they can go in the one incubator, as they will hatch on the same date, but what do I do about the other duck eggs he is going to give me, and the 8 geese eggs, I have 2 incubators, can u please help me
hmm.png
ahahaIN
IN That case your problem has been solved. Use the second bator for LOCKDOWN ONLY, when it's three days before hatching and you will have to keep track of the dates, put all those eggs in that second bator, keep the rest in the first bator.

So from day one to three days before due date put them in your friends bator, as they hit that three day mark you can move them from the one bator into your lockdown bator, Unless there's not enough room?? Is there???

Im not sure im getting it tomorrow, if there isnt enough room, could i put the geese and ducks in to one, and the chickens and the othere duck into one, after 21 days (as the chicks and the duck will be on the same length of days left), they will hatch, and then once they have hatched move the duck eggs into my fri ends incubator and keep the geese on the other incubator, and let the, hatch separately??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom