Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

It does go in and out, and doesn't move around. It's only that one spot, if I look at the egg from the other side I can't see the shadow at all, and when I rotate it doesn't move. It's just a faint flutter, at first I thought maybe he was trying to get through the membrane and was lifting it up as he pushed but it's so rounded, not pointy.

OH GOOD, then that's just his big butt. LOL, Let me know when the due date is.

30 days was last Wednesday. Today is day 36. My incubator instructions say muscovys take 27 days but everything else I read says 30

30 days was last Wednesday. Today is day 36. My incubator instructions say muscovys take 27 days but everything else I read says 30
Muscovy eggs are ~35 days. Day zero is the day you set them and day one is 24 hours later.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Here they are, 4 chiltern whites, one mallard and one Rouen I think, I'm not sure. They were swimming in the paddling pool, they were 2 weeks old, not day olds.

Internal pip!!! And that is definitely a bill poking out now. No chirping or tapping though. The shadow moved around and at once point he stretched up to the shell and I could see a clear outline so I know I'm not seeing things.

Could he be dry? Or the membrane tough? To make that round shape? Or shrink-wrapping? *obsesses*

*sitsonhands*sitsonhands*sitsonhands*

Back
Top Bottom