Incubation requirements for Swan Eggs

kriswiles

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 21, 2012
Hi Everyone! I was wondering if anyone has information on how to incubate swan eggs! Would love to give it a shot but can't seem to find any information on temperature, humidity, turning, misting???, & ect.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Kris

Wow I am taking it that no one knows much about them at all. I would love to have me a swan. However I can't afford the prices they ask for those babies. Plus I have a strange feeling it wouldn't like it here I don't have a pond for one. Good luck though if you try incubating a few.

The small bit of info I read said humidity, temp, and turning is the same as geese, just longer incubation time. We mist our goose eggs, so likely will mist the swan eggs too.

I have 2 Black Swan Eggs in a GQF Sportsman cabinet incubator with auto egg turners. They are laying on thier sides, temp 100 and humidity 60. Should I still mist them? Do I quit turning the eggs 3 days before hatching? What should I raise the humidity to at that time? Thanks much.

Well, it's not easy to find information about hatching swan eggs but I've managed to incubate and successfully hatch 2 Australian Black Swan eggs. Have had to assist them and actually shouldn't celebrate until they are up and running. They are out and just about ready to exit the shell so feel confident I've succeded.

Well, it's not easy to find information about hatching swan eggs but I've managed to incubate and successfully hatch 2 Australian Black Swan eggs. Have had to assist them and actually shouldn't celebrate until they are up and running. They are out and just about ready to exit the shell so feel confident I've succeded.
Hi Bdfive. I'm just about to incubate a few of my Australian Black Swan's eggs, and am open to any advice you might have. My email is [email protected]. Thanks! Kate

@bdfive is friends with @007Sean so maybe he can give a poke. :)
Thanks for the 'tag' @ColtHandorf , I'll give her a call, she may or may not respond to this, though! Just talked to her last night. She doesn't spend much time on here anymore, she's on FB more nowdays.

Oh, BTW she lost the female a couple of years ago, and gave the male to another breeder.

Thanks for the 'tag' @ColtHandorf , I'll give her a call, she may or may not respond to this, though!
You're welcome. Figured she might not see this.
Oh, BTW she lost the female a couple of years ago, and gave the male to another breeder.
I thought Gunther went to another breeder.

Back
Top Bottom