Incubation requirements for Swan Eggs

You're welcome. Figured she might not see this.

I thought Gunther went to another breeder.
He did, she gave it to him about a year ago....she was just worn out by him, too much work for her at her age and taking care of all her peafowl and pheasants, too!

Hi Bdfive. I'm just about to incubate a few of my Australian Black Swan's eggs, and am open to any advice you might have. My email is [email protected]. Thanks! Kate
Hello, 007Sean called me you need advice hatching swan eggs. I had mine in with peafowl eggs, 99.5 to 100 degrees at 60 humidity laying on their sides. Seems I remember it taking about 38 days. I would candle to see when they were in the air sac then raised humidity to 70 and not open incubator once pipped. I did not mist. When you open the incubator to mist you loose humidity. Worked for me on 2 different hatches. Hatched 7 out of nine eggs the first time and 3 our of 3 the second. Will try to post pictures later. Used GQF cabinet incubator.

Hi! I lost the first egg, but the swans had another, that has been in the incubator for 27 days. I've been keeping it at 99.4 with humidity at 60. It's turned 3-4x daily. I've also been taking it out for 30 min each day and "misting." Then, yesterday the swans had another egg (which I grabbed last night), and are back on the nest today. I'm not sure what to do about the difference in incubation days. Can I put the new egg in with the one that will (hopefully) hatch next week? Mind you, I don't like taking the swan eggs, but it's always a bit traumatic waking up to scattered, broken shells after the raccoons have gotten to one of their nests.

The egg was rocking quite a bit yesterday and now doesn’t seem to be moving. What does this mean? It’s Day 34. Should I take the egg out and candle it?

6FE826C3-65A5-4198-9054-04BEF07199B2.jpeg

Attachments

• E3EEA7DE-1B44-42C6-9FC7-1DAED33A8FBC.png
    E3EEA7DE-1B44-42C6-9FC7-1DAED33A8FBC.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom