Incubation went wrong

Lziga55

In the Brooder
Sep 17, 2023
Hi. So today is day 18 of incubating my eggs. Yesterday around 10 pm I moved my eggs from auto turning tray to net where they should hatch. Incubator had 37.5 deg. C. Today at 8am incubator had 23 degrees C. So eggs were probably / maybe without heat for 8 hours. What do you think, are chickens still alive?

Hi. So today is day 18 of incubating my eggs. Yesterday around 10 pm I moved my eggs from auto turning tray to net where they should hatch. Incubator had 37.5 deg. C. Today at 8am incubator had 23 degrees C. So eggs were probably / maybe without heat for 8 hours. What do you think, are chickens still alive?
My duck eggs went 9 hours without heat 3 days ago I recovered them for over a day and recandled and they were all alive. They got down to 70ish degrees while they were uncovered.

My duck eggs went 9 hours without heat 3 days ago I recovered them for over a day and recandled and they were all alive. They got down to 70ish degrees while they were uncovered.
Oh, great! Which day of incubation was that?

I have some problems with incubator. Today when I woke up incubator had 46 degrees c. It is day 19. And two chickens already broke the shell. I hope they didnt die :(

If it’s that high they’re dead. You sure you’re looking at degrees and not humidity?
I am sure. My last message was a little wierd written. So when I woke up, it was 46 deg. C. and 33% humidity. 2 chicks broken their shell and were still alive, because I heard them, for other 24 I dont know. It is home made incubator and before (last 2 incubatings) I didnt have problems like this, I just didnt set temperature right (i didnt calibrate it properly) so some chicks drowned in egg... Now when everithing is set correctly this happens... I really hope that they hatch. 😔

They might if you caught it in time. Chicks are a lot tougher than people make them out to be they do have their issues but for the most part if born into a natural setting they can survive pretty good given the odds they’re given.

2 chicks hatched on day 19/20, 7 or maybe 8 are still in eggs alive (i saw them moving), others were dead. I am searching for a reason why they died because 3 embryos died in early days lets say to 7th day, 3 died around 15 day and others died around day 10.. i incubated eggs 3 times now and every time 2/3 of chickens died around day 10.. why?

No telling really. Do you try to keep the humidity at a certain level? I used to try that and then I started just dry incubating and then lock down day I’d raise my humidity up to 65% or so. My hatch rate went way up doing this. I also use the calibrated Govee hygrometer/thermometer with WiFi off amazon to keep track of my temps and all. Not sure if you have any calibrated instruments to use with your set up.

Back
Top Bottom