incubator ideas! post your ideas for home made incubators, whether they work or not~

I haven't heard of a Zip Strip, is it necessary, what is it's purpose. Could you explain, and give me pictures, or directions to see what a Zip Strip looks like.

Sorry I'm prob. not calling it the correct name. It's a surge suppressor strip - the kind you can plug multiple plugs in to. It has a built-in breaker with a toggle switch with a light so, if, I wired wrong - it would pop it's breaker & I could just turn it back on & I wouldn't trip the breaker in our fuse panel in our basement. I have each of my incubators plugged into a strip when they are on - as a safety.

Sorry I'm prob. not calling it the correct name. It's a surge suppressor strip - the kind you can plug multiple plugs in to. It has a built-in breaker with a toggle switch with a light so, if, I wired wrong - it would pop it's breaker & I could just turn it back on & I wouldn't trip the breaker in our fuse panel in our basement. I have each of my incubators plugged into a strip when they are on - as a safety.

Oh, you're talking about a surge protector. The kind that has a light, and when the breaker flips you just press reset, and turn it back on. Duh! I should have thought surge protector, I have one, my cabinet incubator is plugged into it right now.

I was gonna comment on this now, but I'll put in me 2-cents when the experts voice their opinions, because I ain't got the slightest idea what's going on here. But if it works, then that's all that matters. ^w^

Good luck hatching!

I have 3 trays that pivot on the front and back. Took a piece of aluminum and connected them together in the front. Now they all move in conjunction with each other.. Wire connected to the top tray sticking out the top. Just pull it up or push it down, that's all. Kind of crude, but I can turn all the eggs in about 2 seconds...
Also you can see the turner somewhat in the 2nd picture. Enough to kinda' get the idea anyway. Also I built it the same dimensions as the Sportsman. Or close to it at least..

Last edited:
I have 3 trays that pivot on the front and back. Took a piece of aluminum and connected them together in the front. Now they all move in conjunction with each other.. Wire connected to the top tray sticking out the top. Just pull it up or push it down, that's all. Kind of crude, but I can turn all the eggs in about 2 seconds...
Also you can see the turner somewhat in the 2nd picture. Enough to kinda' get the idea anyway. Also I built it the same dimensions as the Sportsman. Or close to it at least..

Thats Great! Simple works just fine. I bought a auto turner but had to cut it down to fit in my igloo bator - at the time I thought a 27 egg holder would be enough. Now I'm rethinking that because I have an additional 12 in it that I am hand turning.
idunno.gif
I may be re-doing my incubator down the road and may use your idea. Thanks for sharing. I hope you have a great hatch with yours!

Thanks, I had been using it for a couple of yrs. I never hatch in it, just the first 18 days then on to the hatcher. That way it stays clean. Oh well I enjoy tinkering with stuff, gives me something to do and I enjoy it very much.

Back
Top Bottom