incubator ideas! post your ideas for home made incubators, whether they work or not~

Oh, so that's what a bi-metal thermostat looks like? Interesting. Interesting... so they're completely accurate, like wafer thermostats?
I would say that they are pretty good, put one in my Brower Top Hatch incubator, and even after I opened my bedroom window, that plastic bowl of an incubator stayed between 99-100. I'd say that's pretty good.

I was real happy with it at first, but I am back to the wafer. Don't know what the deal is, but started getting 2 to 3 temp swings with nothing changed. At the start I was getting about a .5 temp swing. Oh well, still had the wafer in there...

I was real happy with it at first, but I am back to the wafer. Don't know what the deal is, but started getting 2 to 3 temp swings with nothing changed. At the start I was getting  about a .5 temp swing.  Oh well, still had the wafer in there...

I found out a feed store a town over caries wafer thermostats... I was going to get one, but the people didn't have a price. Gotta wait a while. >_<'

And I still haven't gotten hold of a crock-pot...

I found out a feed store a town over caries wafer thermostats... I was going to get one, but the people didn't have a price. Gotta wait a while. >_<'
And I still haven't gotten hold of a crock-pot...
That's awesome, I just bought a Crock Pot at a yard sale for $5. I took out the heating element and put it in my Brower Top Hatch Incubator. I have a Bi-metal thermostat, and a nylon coated heating element in my Brower Top Hatch incubator.

finally i went ahead and started working on it. not to much work either......
lau.gif
.......i left it on its back, built a tray 54 inches in lenght and 20 inches wide with 2x4, nailed a wire mesh on its bottom, i punched holes on the bottom of egg cartons to let the air flow from the bottom of the eggs (capacity of cartons in tray = 178 eggs). I then screwed 2 brackets on the bottom part of the tray and slid a 54 inch broomstick thru the brackets, i then slid the broomstick on each end of the fridgebator (2 holes were made to slip in the broom stick) and BOOM....that's it.....i now can manually turn all 178 eggs at one time in 3 seconds kind of works like a see-saw. Anyway got all excited .....AGAIN!!!....and headed out to my neighbors farm and got me another 200 eggs but could only fit 178......darn

how my fridgebator used to be....

Modifications for easy manually turning of eggs....

Back
Top Bottom