Incubator knocked off by cat

leliadax

Songster
5 Years
Aug 1, 2015
Arkansas
I had 38 eggs in the incubator that were supposed to go lockdown tomorrow night. The bedroom door was left open and my daughtors cat jumped up on the incubator and knocked it off the dresser. OMG what a oozy bloody mess. I picked through them and salvaged about 9 that were not broken and about another 9 that were cracked up but the chicks were moving a bit and the air cells were intact. I dont expect any of them to live long enough to hatch but I have to try especially since lockdown was supposed to start tomorrow. It was a batch of naked necks and olives.
1f62d.png

Let me tell ya...I could ring her neck. Ive been so careful every since I set that room up back for my first hatch in september and Im so mad at myself. I just hope the little guys are tough. I may wait till wed. to lock them down now ...that will be day 19 to give them a chance to settle or die...oh im just sick. Thanks for the finger crossing, they need it.

Well guys, I came home from work and candled some of the worst broken eggs...its been almost 24 hours and the 3 I candled had baby chicks moving around...air cells looked spot on. Im supposed to lock them down tonight but am going to wait until tomorrow since they were just dumped last night. I couldnt believe what I was seeing when they moved but omg we have a long way to go and they still could not make it.

Today was day 20 on my "cat dumped & broke" eggs.I took the advice from LeafBlade12345(thank you) and went ahead with lockdown of aalvaged eggs...When we got home this evening there was a loud peeping coming from one of the badly broken eggs, it has just hatched and is such a pretty little thing BUT...its little belly does not look as closed as it should be but almost so I put it in a cup to keep it from moving and straining in hopes it will be ok and I saw another of the really bad cracked eggs moving. Boy this is nerve wracking.

Back
Top Bottom