Incubator woe's

LeaLandHouse

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 1, 2013
North Bay, Ont
We're having some issues with our homemade incubator...and our hatch rate is terrible...what a waste of good eggs...we turn 3-4 times perday..but with temperature flux's even that 2 degrees we feel is ruining things...We live in North Bay Ont and woul like to know if you could recommend a good line of incubator or know of someone close by that could sell us a used one...

After doing some research I decided to get a Genesis Hovabator. It seems to hold its temperature pretty well. I've got my first batch of eggs in it now.

We're having problems finding them here in North Bay Ont...where did you buy yours from...and if you bought it new what kinda price are we looking at...

I bought my Genesis Hovabator from Amazon. I can't tell you yet what kind of hatch rate I'll have with it (my first batch is not due to hatch until next Sunday), but I had read a lot of good reviews on it, not only on Amazon but here as well. I'm sure Brinsea is a good incubator too, but when I was checking the name that kept coming up for me was the Genesis Hovabator.

The Genesis can hold 42 large eggs, or 120 small quail eggs. I paid apr. $140 for the incubator and an additional $50 for the egg turner (which came with quail racks). So in total it came to apr. $200.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom