incubator

JudyMcKinn

Songster
13 Years
Jan 24, 2007
SW MO
I haven't hatched for a couple years, and am heating up my incubator to try hatching a dozen Silkie eggs. I remember the temp, but can't remember what humidity is suggested as best, and have apparently lost my book on the bator. Can anyone bring me up to speed on humidity? Thanks. (Used to post and read here constantly, but haven't been on for a couple years. Forgot how interesting it is, so am back, I imagine. LOL)

I agree with that totally...Silkies like it a little dryer than some breeds!
wink.png

Quote:
thank you for agreeing..

I mix all sorts of eggs at one time so I use the same for everything..
I have never done silkies, but I do a lot of standard breeds of chickens , plus royal palm turkeys, muscovy ducks, Toulouse geese, guineas, and sebastapol geese. quail and mallard type ducks.. I use the same for everything except the geese.. I try to raise the humidity through the roof at hatching for geese.. Although, the Sebastopols hatched very well at 60% ..

Thanks, folks. Starting as soon as I get 2 more eggs, to make a dozen. My 6 Silkie girls are old and sorta slow on the laying. I have a Spitzhauen rooster,and I am not sure he knows the Silkie girls are chickens. LOL We will see when I candle in a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom