Incubators Anonymous

Pics
Just a small hatch this time, 9 guinea keets and 5 Sweetgrass turkey poults.

Violet guinea keet

Sweetgrass turkey poult.

Fifty-two guinea eggs are in the incubator with 2 weeks till hatch day and another 70 guinea eggs are going tonight.

Guineas are something I would love to try but I seriously doubt my neighbors would appreciate it and it seems pointless to have them and keep them penned up. Maybe someday if we ever manage to afford to buy more land.

On the hatching front here, I have CCL hatching today :) I just managed to lock them down last night and 4 were already pipped! I have to stop doing that!

I have eggs to disinfect, Eggs to candle and eggs to set today.

I think I am going to make double duty out of the second 1202. I have converted it to a hatcher, but I think I will put some eggs in it to hatch next week already. I fixed and bought 3 new trays from QGF so those homemade ones I got with that 1202 do not ruin the turner again. I will just have to turn the turner on before setting eggs to hatch.

My wife is on a "girls" vacation in Washington DC with some friends from work. If I have both incubators going when she gets home, maybe she will learn her duty is to stay here and do dishes and laundry for me instead of gallivanting with friends......\

Good luck on your hatch!

Last edited:
I'm trying to scale back now. We just booked a weekend at the beach for the end of July and my mom will be staying here to babysit all my animals. She has no clue what she's doing so the less I have for her to do, the better lol

I have eggs to disinfect, Eggs to candle and eggs to set today.

I think I am going to make double duty out of the second 1202. I have converted it to a hatcher, but I think I will put some eggs in it to hatch next week already. I fixed and bought 3 new trays from QGF so those homemade ones I got with that 1202 do not ruin the turner again. I will just have to turn the turner on before setting eggs to hatch.

My wife is on a "girls" vacation in Washington DC with some friends from work. If I have both incubators going when she gets home, maybe she will learn her duty is to stay here and do dishes and laundry for me instead of gallivanting with friends......\

Good luck on your hatch!
lau.gif
I take it she does not have a BYC account?

I was not home to lock down my eggs. My family did it for me. It was pretty easy, move all eggs. I thought I had 20 eggs to start, I pulled out 7 on day 15, but I have 16 chicks and lots of pips. If my math was correct, I should have only had 13 eggs. So my notes on this hatch are WAY OFF.

I finally get to go home tonight, to see for myself!

Ooops!

Back
Top Bottom