Incubators Anonymous

Pics
@R2elk Beautiful babies!

I found a stash of muscovy eggs today, first ones ever. You better believe I'll be setting them on Friday :)

Last edited:
I found a stash today......

I have 96 legbars hatched... 16 whites, 60 girls and 20 boys...

I think I have 52 EE, 8 pollacks, 16 Appletinis. 19 Partridge Chantcler,

And because I wanted to make sure I got 8 Speckled sussex, I put 2 dozen eggs in. I got 22 Speckled sussex.

2 marans and 1 turkey. I have 8-12 lames and may or may not hatches in one drawer. A couple will make it most will not. It is the drawer without hope. I send them to Canada they seem to fit right in there...
lau.gif

R2elk Black bands are SS, but I know you will be able tell the difference.

I forgot 26 doms...

Last edited:
I found a stash today......

I have 96 legbars hatched... 16 whites, 60 girls and 20 boys...

I think I have 52 EE, 8 pollacks, 16 Appletinis. 19 Partridge Chantcler,

And because I wanted to make sure I got 8 Speckled sussex, I put 2 dozen eggs in. I got 22 Speckled sussex.

2 marans and 1 turkey. I have 8-12 lames and may or may not hatches in one drawer. A couple will make it most will not. It is the drawer without hope. I send them to Canada they seem to fit right in there...
lau.gif

R2elk Black bands are SS, but I know you will be able tell the difference.

I forgot 26 doms...
Sweet hatch, but Canada? You should be keeping all the lame birds in MN, they seem to belong there....
smack.gif

barnie.gif
umm I bought an incuview incubator a couple of weeks ago ... and have been reading this thread ever since
ep.gif
... I have a feeling I am doomed to a new addiction. .. maybe I should run now
lau.gif
.. this is my first time incubating
jumpy.gif

Temps seemed to holding well, ran it a few days and filled it up last week
day 7 today at 2 pm.. nope I have not candled.

12 that are 1/2 or 1/4 CX... the 3 pullets that the eggs are from are 1/2 CX, BR or BJG , Dad is 1/2 CX .....same Barnyard mix roo is Granddad of all these eggs
15 that are from Hatchery BR or BJG hens.. unless I grabbed a 1/2 BO egg by mistake .... Dad is barnyard mix roo , unless one of the 1/2 CX or 1/2 BJG mix cockerels got lucky.
idunno.gif

:barnie umm I bought an incuview  incubator a couple of weeks ago ... and have been reading this thread ever since :eek: ... I have a feeling I am doomed to a new addiction. .. maybe I should run now :lau  .. this is my first time incubating :jumpy

Temps seemed to holding well, ran it a few days and filled it up last week 
day 7 today at 2 pm.. nope I have not candled. 

12 that are 1/2 or 1/4 CX... the 3 pullets that the eggs are from are 1/2 CX,  BR or BJG ,  Dad is 1/2 CX  .....same Barnyard mix roo is Granddad of all these eggs
15 that are from Hatchery BR or BJG hens.. unless I grabbed a 1/2 BO egg by mistake .... Dad is barnyard mix roo , unless one of the 1/2 CX or 1/2 BJG mix cockerels got lucky. :idunno  

Welcome to your new addiction! Don't worry we will all be here to help you through it. Our emotional support will be key in fueling your incubation addiction along with those irresistible babies :)

Rant:

Okay at this point I'm starting to get upset .
1f620.png
this shouldn't be this expensive to buy a little incubator.
1f620.png
I mean really were talking 219 to $500 for a seven egg Auto turn brinsea incubator.
that's just stupid .
1f61e.png
I can't believe the price of these other incubators either .
1f631.png

I think I may go find a custom incubation service. does anybody know if there is one in Western Pennsylvania?
1f423.png
. I can pay them to hatch an awful lot of eggs for the price of these incubators .
Thanks,
Karen

Last edited:
Rant:

1f620.png
1f620.png
I mean really were talking 219 to $500 for a seven egg Auto turn brinsea incubator.
that's just stupid .
1f61e.png
1f631.png

I think I may go find a custom incubation service. does anybody know if there is one in Western Pennsylvania?
1f423.png
. I can pay them to hatch an awful lot of eggs for the price of these incubators .
Thanks,
Karen
Build your own... Mine was under $50 and is super stable so far. Not hard either.

Rant:

1f620.png
1f620.png
that's just stupid .
1f61e.png
1f631.png

1f423.png
Thanks,
Karen

Keto an eye out on pennswoods.net and craigslist for used incubators. You can find one heck of a deal (I did!). Seriously though. I can't stand brinsea. Not only because of the rediculous prices but I had the opportunity to borrow one to try out. I didn't like anything about it. Don't write off the styrofoam bators completely. While I wouldn't go with a farm innovators, GQF hova bators work wonderfully and are worth the price. You can get a new one foot a decent price at www.cutlersupply.com

Back
Top Bottom