Incubators Anonymous

I just heard cheeping!!! Day 20 just started, so I'm hoping everyone will start coming out tomorrow. I love the first cheeps, I think it's my favorite part...it's your first introduction to the new babies...just makes it all seem more real when you finally hear their sweet little voices. Time to take some Advil for the backache I know I'm gonna have from crouching next to the incubator for the next 48 hrs, lol! :old

Anyone joining the New Years Hatch a long? I'm not sure if my eggs are pure yet but I'm collecting. My Marans just started laying the other day and I need more! The eggs WILL go in, pullet eggs or not, lol

The quail eggs are pipped! You can't see in the picture but still lol

IMG_2899.JPG

And updated pictures of Holly and Jolly, the Serama babies

IMG_2903.JPG
IMG_2906.JPG

Very cute. My hen that was sitting on eggs kept kicking out the tan egg for 2 days in a row, I took it away. I candled on day 3 the white eggs. One looked fine, the other looked to not be developing. I removed it, then cracked it was developing but slower than normal, probably the cold weather. So now my hen has 2 eggs, but she is dedicated to the 2.
I just put these 3 in the incubator, (mostly because of the gray frizzle egg) If the hen's eggs develop slow, maybe these will hatch around the same time.
dawnacus 435.jpg
White egg is leghorn, brown egg is BCM, and one frizzle grey egg.

Anyone joining the New Years Hatch a long? I'm not sure if my eggs are pure yet but I'm collecting. My Marans just started laying the other day and I need more! The eggs WILL go in, pullet eggs or not, lol

I want to... but I'm refraining! :fl

The quail eggs are pipped! You can't see in the picture but still lol

View attachment 1202748

And updated pictures of Holly and Jolly, the Serama babies

View attachment 1202749 View attachment 1202752

So precious!! :love

@FreedomFarm13 pull up a chair! Easier on the back!! :D

Good luck!

Oh, I have a chair...I just perch on the end of it like a gargoyle, so it doesn't really help my back much, even with extra cushioning, lol. Btw, I've got a pip! It's been about 12 hrs since it happened, so I'm thinking I'll have a baby pretty soon!

Anyone joining the New Years Hatch a long?

Yup, I am. As soon as these babies make it out, I'm gonna clean the bator and get it all set up for them. My girls aren't laying very well atm, but hopefully I'll be able to get a few babies out of them!

Just found out 2 of the eggs my friend had me put in are turkey..... but they are small
have a pic? :pop

cant. i havent had an egg since october, i keep having to buy eggs :oops:

Back
Top Bottom