Incubators Anonymous

The year of atrociously bad hatches continues here in the land of eternal winter.

I started with around 6 dozen eggs. I just put them in lock down.
Here is my final count.

5 white legbars
5 cream legbars and 2 extras that have a snowball in Mo. chance of hatching.
2 dominique

5 Partridge Chanticler and 2 Missouri type eggs.:gig:gig:lau
2 toad eggs

I have not done this badly in years. Nothing has changed that I can think of other that the winter has just vacuumed.

The year of atrociously bad hatches continues here in the land of eternal winter.

I started with around 6 dozen eggs. I just put them in lock down.
Here is my final count.

5 white legbars
5 cream legbars and 2 extras that have a snowball in Mo. chance of hatching.
2 dominique

5 Partridge Chanticler and 2 Missouri type eggs.:gig:gig:lau
2 toad eggs

I have not done this badly in years. Nothing has changed that I can think of other that the winter has just vacuumed.

I'm sorry Ralph :( Hopefully the endless winter meets it's match soon and the spring finally finds its way to you. Then hopefully your hatches will be better.

This egg pipped this morning and stuff is oozing out of the egg is that normal? It's still breathing in there and peeping but I noticed the liquid coming out
IMG_20180422_124821.jpg

So....I did a thing...
Or rather...I bought a thing...

A friend was selling it at the auction and it wasn't getting enough bids so he just bid himself and planned to bring it home.
After the bidding ended my husband who had quit bidding early when be saw how many people were bidding went up to him and asked how much he would have let it go for.
A few minutes later I had a new incubator. It has a wafer thermostat and is heated with heating coils and has a large fan to circulate the heat. Two stiff wire shelves and then two hatching baskets. It is deep enough to fit two trays of eggs on each shelf but is too narrow for an egg turner.
We have some old broken incubator we plan to cannibalize and use a full size fridge and fill it with shelves and egg turners. Then we will use the wooden cabinet as a Hatcher.

Attachments

• 20180420_121156_HDR.jpg
    20180420_121156_HDR.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom