Incubators Anonymous

:fl Sending good hatching vibes your way.

I'll be prepping tomorrow for Fri's hatch. These last few days are the longest. It's my 1st time trying turkey eggs. All 6 looked good when I candled. I also started some of my own chicken eggs a week after the turkeys to have them all hatch at the same time.
I have hatched a set of turkeys with a few chicks as encouragement almost every week since the end of march.
My hatch rates have not been great for the turkeys, I got most of the eggs from a co-worker who has standard bronze and chocolate turkeys all together, so most are a cross. I have hatched a few from another source that has bbw hens in with a bourbon red tom, they have turned out sweet.
I think part of the trouble I am experiencing with hatch rates has to do with the breeders. It looks to me like one of his hens lays a lighter colored egg and so far out of the last 6 runs none of her eggs have hatched, they might get half way or even to 21 days and then quit..... so frustrating!

My tenant (who helps take care of the chickens) snapped this photo of my broody mom with her 5 babies. 3 Dbl Laced Barnvelders, 1 polish, and 1 silkie. The silkie is hiding. I LOVE the feathering on the Barnvelders, and the mohawk on the Polish. I can't wait to see what these look like as adults!!!
123951.jpg

My tenant (who helps take care of the chickens) snapped this photo of my broody mom with her 5 babies. 3 Dbl Laced Barnvelders, 1 polish, and 1 silkie. The silkie is hiding. I LOVE the feathering on the Barnvelders, and the mohawk on the Polish. I can't wait to see what these look like as adults!!!View attachment 1389345

They are gorgeous!

My tenant (who helps take care of the chickens) snapped this photo of my broody mom with her 5 babies. 3 Dbl Laced Barnvelders, 1 polish, and 1 silkie. The silkie is hiding. I LOVE the feathering on the Barnvelders, and the mohawk on the Polish. I can't wait to see what these look like as adults!!!View attachment 1389345

That is darling!! :love

I really, really do not need any more chicks hatching, but an absolutely gorgeous blue non crowing Maran roo, has been mating with my silverudd blue and splash hens, plus a silkie hen. Maybe even the Polish, although I haven't seen him go after them (they are MEAN). I'm temped to hatch the eggs, to see what the babies would look like. I checked, at least the Silverudd's egg was fertile. Should I, or shouldn't I?

I really, really do not need any more chicks hatching, but an absolutely gorgeous blue non crowing Maran roo, has been mating with my silverudd blue and splash hens, plus a silkie hen. Maybe even the Polish, although I haven't seen him go after them (they are MEAN). I'm temped to hatch the eggs, to see what the babies would look like. I checked, at least the Silverudd's egg was fertile. Should I, or shouldn't I?

Of course you should! Everyone's knows that I don't need now chicks yet my incubators are still humming away lol

Do it Do it Do it we all want to see what you get.

Back
Top Bottom