Incubators Anonymous

:love Love those silkied seramas! I think you should test out your new incubator!

Here's 'Teddy' He now makes a tiny little crow and is beginning mating attempts. We're hoping he doesn't get too loud.
View attachment 1446263

Here are Teddy's girlfriends: (Yes, he does try to mate that LF English orp pullet in the background.:lau)
View attachment 1446269

Aren't they just the cutest, silliest things you've ever seen? :lol:

Why does he look blue in the second picture? Is your daughter giving him make-overs? :gig

Aren't they just the cutest, silliest things you've ever seen? :lol:

Why does he look blue in the second picture? Is your daughter giving him make-overs? :gig
You guessed it! He looked like a little fluffy smurf for about a week. Add his pathetic crow and he was the joke of the backyard. At least he wasn't pink!

Poor little guy still has blue in spots.

You're the first person I've encountered that has had issues with the IncuView. That's the incubator I've been seriously looking at. Do you think it's worthwhile to get the humidity pump then? I'm also thinking about building a refrigerbator. I'm tempted to do it with an incu kit, but I can also get everything a lot cheaper if I buy it individually on eBay.

I can't say I've had problems with the incuview, I just had a harder time controlling the humidity - but hey, I'm in Southern CA, and it's DRY, DRY, DRY. I did use a small fish tank, with a heater, floated a mason jar half filled with water, drilled 2 small holes in the cover. Used a fish tank air bubbler to pump air in to the water, with the second tube only partially in the jar to pump the moist warm air into the incubator. I used it more for adding oxygen, which I was told was good for the chicks. I ONLY Used the incuview for hatching, since I didn't like laying my shipped eggs down to roll side to side. I loved hatching in the incuview since the viewing window is BY FAR THE BEST for watching them hatch. But, once I bought the Brinseas, that is all that I use. When I have too many staggered eggs, I will pull out the Little Giant to babysit the eggs until I can move them back to the Brinseas (which I have humidity pumps for 2 of them). For the Incuview, I filleted and cut the sponges so they laid in the bottom of the incuview with the plastic tray on top (I also used rubber shelf matting, because the plastic floor was super slippery for the chicks). Once I had enough sponges, I used a BIG plastic syringe, with a tube attached and fed water to the sponges through the big vent hole.

Keets hatched
full

full

Keets hatched
full

full

Aww! They're so cute as babies! Almost look like turkey poults! But then they grow up.... Lol

Hello,

I think I might have an incubator addiction. I haven’t even completed my first hatch in my incubator and I am already looking at more eggs for it.

I am looking at ducks. I have one homemade incubator and one Chinese incubator.

Yup, you're addicted. Just wait till they hatch though. Then you'll know the full power of the addiction!

Aww! They're so cute as babies! Almost look like turkey poults! But then they grow up.... Lol
I have a week old poult that is still in the brooder with them. It was trying to do its best to get away from them but four of them stayed right on its heels and tried to crowd under the poult every time it stopped to rest. Looked like the poult gave up this evening and ended up in the middle of the pile.

I have a week old poult that is still in the brooder with them. It was trying to do its best to get away from them but four of them stayed right on its heels and tried to crowd under the poult every time it stopped to rest. Looked like the poult gave up this evening and ended up in the middle of the pile.

Are you my momma? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom