Incubators Anonymous

Question. Has anybody got a good idea on how to separate eggs in the incubator so that I can hatch eggs from two separate friends at the same time?
I make little chick jails (what my family calls them) out of strawberry containers. They're clear, so we can still see all the exciting action on hatch day. I cut out most of the tops & bottoms for ventilation. (already have side vents) I hot glued some fine mesh to the top just in case I get a jumper.

IMG_2264.jpg

I set a new record :/ I finished my last hatch a week and a half ago I think and got all my incubators bleached cleaned and put away.....and today I separated a trio of silkies/showgirl. I'm hopeless.

:clap

I keep telling myself to toss the ones I have in the Mini. I proved it works. But somehow, it keeps running. :gig

I did 2 hatches of quail. The first set hatched and I started a second, then my husband’s appendix ruptured, he had emergency surgery and was laid up for months. we hadn’t finished the quail pens and I was taking care of him so I gave away or sold all the chicks. Such fun to watch hatch.
View attachment 1453359
Sorry about the health issues but baby quail are so fun, they hatch like popcorn once they start going!

Back
Top Bottom