Incubators Anonymous

I have a pair of serama hens that hatched 4 last week. Lost one overnight last night, the final one that had hatched, just wasn’t keeping up. I tried Nutridrench and some warmth inside yesterday evening, but put it back with the rest overnight, and it didn’t make it. :( it was a white silkied too. :( :(

One last bantam cochin broody I gave the leftover serama egg to, it should hatch soon. Then I hope they are done. The last hatch i incubated myself are now over a month old and haven’t sold, so I’m definitely done for the year. :p
(Unless my ducks give me some eggs) :lol:

Congrats everyone on the new babies and all the "about to be new" babies. I am so sorry for the losses. It's so hard to see the little ones struggle, but @WVduckchick you gave the last one it's best shot possible!!

I am glad that I stopped hatching several months ago because I can no longer sell any birds for a time. We had a our first case of Newcastle disease in our county (2 cities away, on the other side of a large mountain) but still my county so no backyard chickens are allowed to be transported. What a horrible disease!!! I had finally planned on downsizing, and I can't move any birds out of the county..... I'm glad I got rid of all but ONE rooster. He hatched the end of June and so far, isn't crowing..... He better stay quiet! Since I'm not allowed to keep him, it doesn't seem like he has a safe future....

:weeThey're coming!
I just heard some peeping under Trouble! I felt eggshells, so it's probably a pipped egg.
This time it's a few blue or black orps & maybe 1 laced orp.
IMG_2283.JPG

Congrats everyone on the new babies and all the "about to be new" babies. I am so sorry for the losses. It's so hard to see the little ones struggle, but @WVduckchick you gave the last one it's best shot possible!!

I am glad that I stopped hatching several months ago because I can no longer sell any birds for a time. We had a our first case of Newcastle disease in our county (2 cities away, on the other side of a large mountain) but still my county so no backyard chickens are allowed to be transported. What a horrible disease!!! I had finally planned on downsizing, and I can't move any birds out of the county..... I'm glad I got rid of all but ONE rooster. He hatched the end of June and so far, isn't crowing..... He better stay quiet! Since I'm not allowed to keep him, it doesn't seem like he has a safe future....
Oh No! I hope it doesn't spread to your area!
:hugs

So far 2 of the blue orp eggs hatched. (Too early to tell if blue or black since they're under the broody.) Also, the "blue silver laced orp" egg hatched out a white chick. (Not sure if I mislabled the egg or had a rooster error.....)

3 more blue orp eggs to go! All 3 are pipped!

Congrats on the new babies!

I am out of town right now but when I get back on Wednesday I go into lockdown with my run of Nn and Delaware cross babies. I am a little excited about the Nn because some may be NN and they are out of my roo that died last week.
20180905_074824.jpg
of course he had the size I am looking for in my meat line of Nn.... oh well I have a few more young roos to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom