Incubators Anonymous

HELP! I'm getting the shakes. My last hatches were Saturday (2 days ago) and all my incubators are turned off. (final egg confirmed as a quitter this morning).

What to do, what to do???

6 Call ducklings hatched Saturday, along with 4 cream legbars. (3 male, 1 female) :barnie

I think I'm going to fire up the cabinet for a test run, since I haven't done a full run in it. The CL's went on strike, but I've gotten a few eggs in the last few days. Also the Black Copper Marans pullet with the CL's, so I think I have to see what that olive egger will look like. Throw in a few seramas and bantam cochins for good measure??
8593BC4F-D90D-412D-9BC5-B6D657CC10CC.jpeg
3F8C2595-0D1C-4C42-9A56-F665F7ED97CF.jpeg

HELP! I'm getting the shakes. My last hatches were Saturday (2 days ago) and all my incubators are turned off. (final egg confirmed as a quitter this morning).

What to do, what to do???

6 Call ducklings hatched Saturday, along with 4 cream legbars. (3 male, 1 female) :barnie

I think I'm going to fire up the cabinet for a test run, since I haven't done a full run in it. The CL's went on strike, but I've gotten a few eggs in the last few days. Also the Black Copper Marans pullet with the CL's, so I think I have to see what that olive egger will look like. Throw in a few seramas and bantam cochins for good measure??
View attachment 1670237 View attachment 1670238

Fire up the cabinet!

Go for it!!! @WVduckchick

I already got 3 schools scheduled for my embryology unit. (We hatch my eggs in their classrooms.) The 1st 2 schools want to do the typical end of the year hatch. The 3rd school wants to start the eggs in 2 weeks. YIKES!

With all the crazy weather (several days below zero, melting rain/sleet, flooding, flash freezing again....) my mind hasn't been on spring. I pulled out my basic incubator and set some eggs yesterday to test fertility. Looks like I'm joining hatching groups again.

Last edited:
I wasnt gonna fire up incubator(s) til later in the spring. After some rough hatches last year and prices were pittiful, lost the breed I held over to go exclusive on in a predator attack, wasn't real excited about hatching.

A fellow I work with lost his flock to a weasel and he had 4 dozen welsummer eggs set back and talked me into trying to hatch them.
So I set them today in a tabletop. My dw saw the eggs and bator out. Just gave me a look and said "Already again this year" and shook her head.

Also saw the Easter hatch a long thread. So now I've been looking on ebay at eggs for that potentially. Because now my cabinet inc's. Are calling me to fire them up.

I wasnt gonna fire up incubator(s) til later in the spring. After some rough hatches last year and prices were pittiful, lost the breed I held over to go exclusive on in a predator attack, wasn't real excited about hatching.

A fellow I work with lost his flock to a weasel and he had 4 dozen welsummer eggs set back and talked me into trying to hatch them.
So I set them today in a tabletop. My dw saw the eggs and bator out. Just gave me a look and said "Already again this year" and shook her head.

Also saw the Easter hatch a long thread. So now I've been looking on ebay at eggs for that potentially. Because now my cabinet inc's. Are calling me to fire them up.

One should always hide poultry incubation and chicks from one's spouse as long as possible to avoid the "look"....

Hi! My name is Aimee. This is my first time incubating but I feel it may become a chronic happening. I have a
Yosoo Mini LED Digital Incubator. One egg currently piped and 3 more that should in the next few days.
I have a carton ready to go in as soon as they are out.

Hi! My name is Aimee. This is my first time incubating but I feel it may become a chronic happening. I have a
Yosoo Mini LED Digital Incubator. One egg currently piped and 3 more that should in the next few days.
I have a carton ready to go in as soon as they are out.
:lau
Sounds like you're hooked to me! ;)

Back
Top Bottom