Incubators Anonymous

I've never had much luck on blrw eggs either. I eventually traded some Seramas for a blrw pullet. I crossed her with my BBS English orpingtons and have some chicks growing out right now. They're going to be one of my projects this year.

Loaded up the incubator with thirteen eggs including two tiny blue ones that I don't know if are fertilized. Lost two eggs to the red ring of death two days in. Two days later, my silkie finally laid her first egg and I had to pop that in there too. Opps.
Oh I feel for you. I did just about the same thing. I have 16 test eggs looking good & due to hatch in a week. The incubator can hold 48 eggs & it looked so empty. I pulled my good incubator out of storage to use as a hatcher. Now with two going, I don't have to worry about multiple hatch dates. Opps, I added another doz test eggs.

Candled the 51 eggs in the incubator. Only 19 left! That includes the whole dozen BLRW I bought from a guy and 6 from another breeder. My eggs were only about 50-50. I think I need more roosters! I only have 3 to about 85 hens! LOL! I sold a few roosters last year knowing I would get a few from my 'want' list this year!

Back
Top Bottom