Incubators Anonymous

This is me,, speaking as one member of the board and not for the board... I think the darker ones will become the SOP for the gold creole some day.

The lighter salmon the creams.. I know we had a long discussion at one meeting over the Black crests.. they became less preferred over the brownish crests.

I have nearly eliminated the gold from my roosters.. however I am having more problems with my girls..

Does this help any?

Sure it helps. I personally don’t care for the really dark crests either, so I’m ok with that. I thought a little gold was preferred on the males, but I’m ok working away from it too. More of a silver duckwing type. I do prefer the lighter chests on the girls too. There’s just so much variation. It will be hard to please everyone, and then to work out the kinks. Oy!

Although day 21 is Sunday, I had a serama chick hatch this morning. I knew the seramas might hatch early, and I heard faint peeping (no pip) last night as I added some extra water to the incubator.

So now I have 13 orpington eggs, 2 serama eggs, & 1 serama chick! :jumpy

Although day 21 is Sunday, I had a serama chick hatch this morning. I knew the seramas might hatch early, and I heard faint peeping (no pip) last night as I added some extra water to the incubator.

So now I have 13 orpington eggs, 2 serama eggs, & 1 serama chick! :jumpy
Good luck...I seem to always lose my early hatches for some reason.

I decided to do an eggtopsy on one of the quitters because it has two very separate dark spots rolling around. Inside was a mostly well formed head, but no body, only a blob of blood. This thing was hoping around in there a few days ago. How on earth did it have no body?

I decided to do an eggtopsy on one of the quitters because it has two very separate dark spots rolling around. Inside was a mostly well formed head, but no body, only a blob of blood. This thing was hoping around in there a few days ago. How on earth did it have no body?

..... That's rather odd

Back
Top Bottom