Incubators Anonymous

Haha i am going to use my work zoom account on my home laptop pointed right at the bator so I can watch on my phone from wherever!

Here’s lockdown. No dividers would fit at all so I labelled clearly and arranged by #. This is the Amazon bator made w/different brand names and it has worked well so far but is small and I definitely don’t trust the thermometer so I put my own temp/humidity remote in there. Which makes it even smaller :(

It’s a bit hard to see into during hatch as well. If I’m really going to have an incubator addiction I need a new one :)
FDF41CBD-4E5D-4418-9DAE-D1AD4816D1F6.jpeg

Haha i am going to use my work zoom account on my home laptop pointed right at the bator so I can watch on my phone from wherever!

Here’s lockdown. No dividers would fit at all so I labelled clearly and arranged by #. This is the Amazon bator made w/different brand names and it has worked well so far but is small and I definitely don’t trust the thermometer so I put my own temp/humidity remote in there. Which makes it even smaller :(

It’s a bit hard to see into during hatch as well. If I’m really going to have an incubator addiction I need a new one :)
View attachment 1751786

Good luck!

View attachment 1751786

I’ve got the same one. It is really hard to see in and my incubator is way off in temps. When it says it’s 39 it’s actually closer to 37.5 . Then it randomly seems to get a little warmer or a little cooler so I adjust at least once or twice a day. The incubator is in a bathroom with no drafts. I still get a good hatch rate I think.

I’m on my 3rd incubator hatch I can definitely see where this is a bit addictive. I have 7 four weekers and 5 Easter babies in the same bathroom and I stuffed two more eggs in the incubator when I found my older tiny hen laying a egg. One egg didn’t make it and the other is on day 16.

Can’t wait until I see this tiny silkie cross (the dad is either silkie or silkie duccle) .The older hen I got from the tack store in December. She has to be a cross herself because she is very small and has 5toes but has white skin. I’m hoping to put this lone baby with my Easter hatch since they will be less than two weeks apart

After this hatch I’m making myself put the incubator in the closet at least until the fall.

Last edited:
After this hatch I’m making myself put the incubator in the closet at least until the fall.

Sometimes its what you have to do to stay sane.

My big, main hatch of the year is next week. 4 incubators in 4 schools all due to hatch next Tuesday. I did a couple small hatches here & only have 2 chicks left (mostly to keep their adoptive broody hens happy). I also have a wait list of people wanting chicks.

I had 2 doz eggs + an empty incubator here = a dangerous combo. After looking at our calendar, I decided to hold off. Our DD has a big dance recital, her graduation, and a bunch of social gatherings coming in the next month. It's best for my already busy schedule if I hold off and wait a few weeks before setting any new eggs. I ended up selling those 2 dozen potential chicks as eating eggs. Now the immediate temptation is gone. However after Tuesday's hatch, there will be 2 empty incubators here as well as 3 more which I could borrow at any time. Hopefully, I can make it.

Yeah mine is the opposite. The setting will be 37.0 and it will be a solid 100 in there on my remote gauge. Worth the investment of the remote system I bought for sure. It stays pretty constant during the first part of the incubation if I set the upper and lower limits correctly. But it’s annoying during lockdown. The temp really drops once I take the top tier off and I spend a good 12 hours tinkering with both temp and humidity. If i went by the gauge on the machine I’d get hatch rates of 0! Finally got it where I want it...but I had to crank the temp to 38 and put my humidifier in the closet where they are.
929A42BF-3C56-459C-B7F8-9708DF41F00A.jpeg

I’ve always wanted silkies but I feel like they would freeze to death in our winters. Good luck with your hatch!
I’ve got the same one. It is really hard to see in and my incubator is way off in temps. When it says it’s 39 it’s actually closer to 37.5 . Then it randomly seems to get a little warmer or a little cooler so I adjust at least once or twice a day. The incubator is in a bathroom with no drafts. I still get a good hatch rate I think.

I’m on my 3rd incubator hatch I can definitely see where this is a bit addictive. I have 7 four weekers and 5 Easter babies in the same bathroom and I stuffed two more eggs in the incubator when I found my older tiny hen laying a egg. One egg didn’t make it and the other is on day 16.

Can’t wait until I see this tiny silkie cross (the dad is either silkie or silkie duccle) .The older hen I got from the tack store in December. She has to be a cross herself because she is very small and has 5toes but has white skin. I’m hoping to put this lone baby with my Easter hatch since they will be less than two weeks apart

Back
Top Bottom