Incubators Anonymous

Eggs are in for first hatch of the season. Hatch date is February 4th just candled for the first time and out of 42 eggs 29 are growing so 70% fertility. So much better than last years fertility. Who else is hatching?

Eggs are in for first hatch of the season. Hatch date is February 4th just candled for the first time and out of 42 eggs 29 are growing so 70% fertility. So much better than last years fertility. Who else is hatching?

Most of my hens are on strike right now. I have silkies hatch on Christmas day and New Year's Day (which all but the 2 I'm keeping have left home). I have turkey eggs in the bator but so far, they've all been infertile.

My hens are laughing.
3/40 hens laying and 4/20 some late hatch pullets

I had a broody hen problem. One decided to come to her senses but the other is still going. I didn’t have many eggs 3 weeks ago, so I only set 6 in the incubator plus 2 under hen. Only one developed and is in lockdown today.

.... Now 5 hens are laying plus another 3 bantams. I couldn’t help myself and set 12 eggs last Friday.

I had a broody hen problem. One decided to come to her senses but the other is still going. I didn’t have many eggs 3 weeks ago, so I only set 6 in the incubator plus 2 under hen. Only one developed and is in lockdown today.

.... Now 5 hens are laying plus another 3 bantams. I couldn’t help myself and set 12 eggs last Friday.
Totally forgot about Big Momma she has 8 eggs the other ladies conspired to help her hide away now that she's growling I know I don't have a chance lol

Attachments

• IMG_20210115_170023414[1].jpg
    IMG_20210115_170023414[1].jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 2
Wait you mean there are people that Stop hatching?

Huh

Weird

We have 3 turkeys for DD's fair project running around( ok sound asleep right now) in the brooder with 20? Chicks that hatched last weekend. Just moved the brooder to a place where we can clean around it much easier.
20210120_205321.jpg
cement floor so we can roll the broidef over and sweep... very nice! No more carpet under it. What a relief. There are 20 + chicks in the top tote another 20+ next level down that are a week older and the bottom has the 3 and 4 week olds maybe 15? Of them
Time to ramp up hatching... I should be offering some for sale but I wanna keep em all!

Wait you mean there are people that Stop hatching?

Huh

Weird

We have 3 turkeys for DD's fair project running around( ok sound asleep right now) in the brooder with 20? Chicks that hatched last weekend. Just moved the brooder to a place where we can clean around it much easier. View attachment 2497406cement floor so we can roll the broidef over and sweep... very nice! No more carpet under it. What a relief. There are 20 + chicks in the top tote another 20+ next level down that are a week older and the bottom has the 3 and 4 week olds maybe 15? Of them
Time to ramp up hatching... I should be offering some for sale but I wanna keep em all!
I have successfully stopped hatching, so much so I want to sell my sportsman’s!

I will keep a foamy around sort of like a ex smoker keeps a pack around.

Back
Top Bottom