Incubators Anonymous

Well.... I got some new Cuckoo Marans today
clap.gif
ALL have great feathered legs and it looks like 2 roos and 6 pullets too
big_smile.png
If that holds true I many just keep these and breed them together or with my BEST Cuckoo roo of them all.... yet to be determined

I didn't hatch them does it still count in the addiction thing????

I did just hatch 9 BLRW, 4 Lavender Ams (2 are chipmunk striped... tagged for watching), 3 Cream Legbars 2 roos and a pullet
roll.png
, 2 Black Ams..... I think that is it...... No more for a couple of weeks. Ok after looking just a week
tongue.png
Then the week after that and the week after that..... I am getting in trouble
hide.gif
they are smaller hatches. Only about 30 or so and some don't develop and some don't hatch and 1/2 will be roos..... NAH I am ok
lau.gif

Well.... I got some new Cuckoo Marans today
clap.gif
ALL have great feathered legs and it looks like 2 roos and 6 pullets too
big_smile.png
If that holds true I many just keep these and breed them together or with my BEST Cuckoo roo of them all.... yet to be determined

I didn't hatch them does it still count in the addiction thing????

I did just hatch 9 BLRW, 4 Lavender Ams (2 are chipmunk striped... tagged for watching), 3 Cream Legbars 2 roos and a pullet
roll.png
, 2 Black Ams..... I think that is it...... No more for a couple of weeks. Ok after looking just a week
tongue.png
Then the week after that and the week after that..... I am getting in trouble
hide.gif
they are smaller hatches. Only about 30 or so and some don't develop and some don't hatch and 1/2 will be roos..... NAH I am ok
lau.gif
What does it mean if the Lav Am's are chipmunk striped?

Btw hi everyone my name is TJ and I am an incubation addict. Started with one bator, now I have three HB's and two LG's all going at the same time. As soon as one empties I start looking for something else to fill it. Converted one bathroom in my house into an incubation room. Glad to have this support group for those moments when I begin to feel ashamed...
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
hu.gif
they are tagged for watching. I had a WHITE Lavender Pullet. She was Lav when she hatched and feathered in all WHITE for some reason. She was laying and I didn't know it. I caught her int he nest box with a HOT egg so I marked that one and I know one of the 2 was out of that egg.... she must have laid the other one too. I have a few more in the bator so I will keep an eye out for more. On the Lav Thread (in my siggy) it was suggested they might carry the silver genes.... we will see.

Btw hi everyone my name is TJ and I am an incubation addict. Started with one bator, now I have three HB's and two LG's all going at the same time. As soon as one empties I start looking for something else to fill it. Converted one bathroom in my house into an incubation room. Glad to have this support group for those moments when I begin to feel ashamed...
tongue.png
No shame here!! All fun!
yesss.gif

I didn't feel like reading 3936 posts to see if this had been discussed before so I will just ask.
For those of you that incubate in homemade incubators what is your thermostat of choice. I have used styrofoam bators using hot water heater thermostats, water bed thermostats, and currently am using an LG because the hot water heater heater thermostat in my styrofoam bater took a s*** and forced me to use it. I want to make a bator from a dorm sized referigerator that was given to me and want to know your thoughts on thermostats. thanks.

I used a water heater thermostat till I came in one day and found all my newly hatched chicks DEAD because it was 113-119. I bought a digital one off ebay. It has heating and cooling if needed. One day I will hook up a fan to cool if needed but I have not done that yet.

Not sure this is the same one but it looks like it is. Mine has a probe you can adjust the temp swing too. The down side it is in C and not F

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-D...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item4169e55c60

That's really cool, I looked for something like that, but just didn't have the right search words I guess? Do you plug the light / heating element into it the same way as the water heater thermostat? I can't tell in the picture how it would work? Please do tell!

Back
Top Bottom