Incubators Anonymous

I feel like i just put my roo in a xerox machine
lol.png

Here they are... new little fluffers

Nap Time!

the first thing in incubating of course is learning what and what not to do. the next step would be the type incubator you want to use and learning how it works. all of this is easy to do. the hard part is picking a reliable source for your hatching eggs. this is a big problem with people unfamiliar with where to buy their hatching eggs.the closer to where you live is always the best choice. sometimes when you want to hatch a particular type egg you have to get them through a hatchery that sells the kind you want. if you know the incubator is working correctly and the temperature was right and the humidity in the neighborhood, i would examine the fertility of the eggs. when the incubator and temp and humidity is right that only leaves the egg. all of this is of course assuming it has an automatic turner or you are turning the eggs by hand.i have had bad hatches before, but, not complete failures.good luck hope anything i wrote helps. i'm sure others more experienced than i'am can point out what i may have missed.

the first thing in incubating of course is learning what and what not to do. the next step would be the type incubator you want to use and learning how it works. all of this is easy to do. the hard part is picking a reliable source for your hatching eggs. this is a big problem with people unfamiliar with where to buy their hatching eggs.the closer to where you live is always the best choice. sometimes when you want to hatch a particular type egg you have to get them through a hatchery that sells the kind you want. if you know the incubator is working correctly and the temperature was right and the humidity in the neighborhood, i would examine the fertility of the eggs. when the incubator and temp and humidity is right that only leaves the egg. all of this is of course assuming it has an automatic turner or you are turning the eggs by hand.i have had bad hatches before, but, not complete failures.good luck hope anything i wrote helps. i'm sure others more experienced than i'am can point out what i may have missed.
there is a hatching 101 article by sally sunshine - its linked in my signature

One of my hens just went broody- today. Has anyone ever transferred eggs from the bator to the underside of a hen? I'd rather she do it 'cause she does a better job than I do. The seven eggs I'm thinking about have only been in the Farm Innovator since the morning of April 11. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work, but you never know. I'd simply take the eggs out that are under her (I'll eat them) and replace with the seven FI eggs.

Back
Top Bottom