Incubators Anonymous

I won 4 auctions for eggs this weekend. 3 were for Turkey eggs and 1 was for Cayuga duck eggs. They are all due here Wednesday. Bagtor is up and running and holding at 99.5 to 100.0 degrees with 50% humidity.

I can hatch about 300 in this.... more if I had to I am sure. Since I am LIMITING myself to 180 eggs a week this is more than enough for my hatches. I think I have resolved my humidity issue. Time will tell. I used a gallon jug like a bleach bottle and draped a cotton towel over it in a pan of water AND used 2 cloth diapers so that added a LOT of surface area and I am running the fan ALL the time. Humidity was up to almost 60% right off. I also added another small pan of water with 2 cloth diapers to help.

@ozexpat You can add needle point canvas inside the baskets if needed. I just used some phone wire to put mine in. I divided most in half but I have some divided in thirds and 1/4 for those odd 1 and 2 egg hatches. Comes in all kinds of colors and is CHEAP. Less than 50 cents maybe more like a quarter a sheet and they are like 9x12 or something like that. Cuts with just scissors.

I can hatch about 300 in this.... more if I had to I am sure. Since I am LIMITING myself to 180 eggs a week this is more than enough for my hatches. I think I have resolved my humidity issue. Time will tell. I used a gallon jug like a bleach bottle and draped a cotton towel over it in a pan of water AND used 2 cloth diapers so that added a LOT of surface area and I am running the fan ALL the time. Humidity was up to almost 60% right off. I also added another small pan of water with 2 cloth diapers to help.

@ozexpat You can add needle point canvas inside the baskets if needed. I just used some phone wire to put mine in. I divided most in half but I have some divided in thirds and 1/4 for those odd 1 and 2 egg hatches. Comes in all kinds of colors and is CHEAP. Less than 50 cents maybe more like a quarter a sheet and they are like 9x12 or something like that. Cuts with just scissors.

great idea. i love your hatcher too.

You could sew the canvas together to make hatching baskets if needed......

I LOVE IT TOO!.

My new brooders are coming along. We have all three together now. They need doors and the trays for the chicks, wired up for lights, some hardware cloth here and there..... maybe a few more days and they will ALL be done. They are harder to build RIGHT than I thought they would be. We came up with the idea of a BUILT in Feeder instead of a door on one side. I think that would work ok so we are going to make a prototype and see if it works right. The one I am using is hard to use because it is hard to get the waterer in . I MUST get that worked out ASAP. The chicks are so healthy in that brooder and I have only lost one chick to unknown reasons and one that had a bad leg (expected loss).

I will get pics and a thread going when I finish them.

What you guys think about the monster-bator

I have decided to sell two breeding pairs from my main breeding flock. Right now I just don't need the volume of eggs they are producing and I need space in the rooster pen for the babies to grow into.

1. Black Copper Marans Pair - $75.00
2. Lavender Orpington Pair -$75.00

I am selling the lav orp roos because I am going to get a new Black orpington roo and make splits for the latter half of they year.

I will deliver as far as WPB for the price of gas..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom