Incubators Anonymous

I just wish I could afford to buy all of these eggs that everyone has shipped everywhere!!! With eggs, & shipping I cannot justify it to my boyfriend, because I'll be spending more than I can sell them for!
sad.png
i look for bargains and use restraint.

yesterday I picked up 30 lavender orp eggs for $40 with shipping

i will be flying oversease in 2 weeks so i will gift them to a byc buddy - but when the bid is that low - I have to go for it.I will get eggs from the pullets that hatch in 6 months

Hello all, my name is Kim and I received an incubator for my 45th birthday from one of my daughters. We've had chickens for many years but had only purchased what we needed from time to time from the feed store. My kids have done 4-H for seems like forever showing rabbits, poultry and Cornish cross market projects as well as buying 20 extra Cornish cross and putting them in freezer camp ;) I currently have my very first batch of 19 eggs in the incubator which are due on Memorial day.
wee.gif
After reading MANY posts I know that I am doomed to be member of the Incubator's Anonymous for a long time to come.Just wanted to share one of my all time favorite pictures...My pit crew LOL!!!

yippiechickie.gif

Hello all, my name is Kim and I received an incubator for my 45th birthday from one of my daughters. We've had chickens for many years but had only purchased what we needed from time to time from the feed store. My kids have done 4-H for seems like forever showing rabbits, poultry and Cornish cross market projects as well as buying 20 extra Cornish cross and putting them in freezer camp ;) I currently have my very first batch of 19 eggs in the incubator which are due on Memorial day.
wee.gif
After reading MANY posts I know that I am doomed to be member of the Incubator's Anonymous for a long time to come.Just wanted to share one of my all time favorite pictures...My pit crew LOL!!!

yippiechickie.gif
Oh yeah! You're ours now!!! lol

Last edited:
My name is LizardKing and today I turned a still air little giant (electronic thermo) into a forced air unit with a case fan and a wall wart.
Cleaned out the other one and need to put a new wafer in it for hatching.
I fear I will start incubating again on a small scale.
Want to put some button quail eggs in them.
This may lead to even more incubation in the future, like EVERY DAY!
*sigh*

My name is LizardKing and today I turned a still air little giant (electronic thermo) into a forced air unit with a case fan and a wall wart.
Cleaned out the other one and need to put a new wafer in it for hatching.
I fear I will start incubating again on a small scale.
Want to put some button quail eggs in them.
This may lead to even more incubation in the future, like EVERY DAY!
*sigh*
Oddly it always feels great falling of this wagon. I just set 62 eggs from my breed pens and have BYM x CX hatching now. Ducks are due and the 1st BA I set. Have batches due from now for 3 weeks to come. And will probably be setting weekly for awhile yet.
Best part of here your never alone someone always filling a bator.
The break down of eggs I set tonight are:

WLH=14
BSL=22
RIR=11
A-W x CX=15 (A-W is my abbrev. for Austra-White.

Ahhhh!!! I have my first pip on my second ever batch of eggs!!!! So eggcited!!,:celebrate :weee :jumpy I don't see how this could ever get old!!!! And I hear peeping !!!!! Lots of it!!,

Back
Top Bottom