Incubators Anonymous

Yep, I like hatching eggs much better than drugs LOL.

But hatching eggs can get like an expensive drug habit. I might have to start mugging little old ladies to support my habit.
lau.gif
Hmmm....
Now I am starting to get scared.
No, I am serious.
I am in the process of building a "chicken coop" that so far is going to be 20 foot by 14 big,
but really it is going to be an aviary with a 4 foot by 20 foot closed in section, whole thing roofed over.
I really like Australian grass parakeets....
I have 4 quails so far, but they are all strong and eating and drinking well, will wait some more days
in the hope of getting some more of the 25 left to hatch but am doubtful...

lau.gif
The amount I just spent on thermometers alone makes this statement true! LOL

I'm afraid to add everything up.

Hatching eggs and chicks.
Every kind of equipment you can think of, as well as pens.
Ongoing feed bill. (I think they cost more to feed than my grocery bill!)

I plan to set up more pens this summer, and enlarge some of my existing pens.

The expenses are horrifying to contemplate.

I'm afraid to add everything up.

Hatching eggs and chicks.
Every kind of equipment you can think of, as well as pens.
Ongoing feed bill. (I think they cost more to feed than my grocery bill!)

I plan to set up more pens this summer, and enlarge some of my existing pens.

The expenses are horrifying to contemplate.

Yep, my $100 Marans eggs hatched last weekend... 7 chicks from 15 eggs that makes them $14.29 apiece. They were some exceptionally dark eggs though.!! In 3 weeks i'm getting some wheaten marans eggs in!

I got my Marans for $20/dozen locally and got 10 chicks now. They're parents all looked identical and the babies are the same so I think they're good ones. I didn't even realize they're supposed to have feathered feet, but every one of them does like they should. I saw an ad selling a laying hen for $60! So patiently waiting to sell some off and get my investment back, lol. I am a baby addict not just chicks (see it could be worse). I got 3 human babies, one more due Aug, Flemish giant babies just sold, guinea pig babies listed now, and a bloodhound stud just arrived today for my girl. 28 chicks and 47 eggs in the incubator. Piles of babies. And lots of promises to stop after this litter/batch, etc. But like others have mentioned it could be drugs. And I'm required to have my critters pay for themselves.

Great price when you're just getting them for your backyard flock.

When you start getting into show stock you have to be prepared to shell out some bucks.

Ya for sure, and mine are just for a backyard flock. I found some show CLBs and they were expensive and now at least one is clear. I just want one of everything and don't have those so I bought them but I can't be doing that again. Hopefully they hatch.
:fl

Great price when you're just getting them for your backyard flock.

When you start getting into show stock you have to be prepared to shell out some bucks.

LOL... it's the expensive quest.. like the holy grail. I have never put anybody in a show
but maybe one day I will. I was looking at my blue roo today and thinking i should put him
in a show.. but then i decided it was way to risky and he may catch something so here he stays LOL!!!

silly me..

Back
Top Bottom