Incubators Anonymous

Shipped eggs- I let them rest for at least a day before setting too. I think it improved my hatches but only comparison between rest/no rest were Araucana, so it's anyone's guess.

Very strange.

I had some eggs that were due yesterday but I was about to give up on them when I didn't get so much as a pip.

Then they started hatching tonight.

Mine are doing the same thing.... but they had 2 power outages..... I saw them working inside the egg hoping for chicks tomorrow.

Wow was it hot today here 112 F by 10 AM on the front porch and the temp did pick up later in the day but not chicks or chickens were lost do to the heat but my incubator did get up to 103 F degrees before noon and the fan quit working on day 18 so I had to find a cooler room for the incubator and the fan started working again in the cooler closet with wet blankets hanging around it now just waiting to see if I need to toss the lot as at candling time some still had vanes showing so I jus re set every thing and I was very worried so I called G.Q.F. to see if I could get a replacement fan before I got it working again and the people at G.Q.F. told me the new fans would not work as my incubator was close to 20 years old and I surprises me that it is still working as the least amount of hatches was 3 one year when I was really sick with the intestinal cancer but I am much better now and saving up for a new and better incubator that will hopefully out last me or last as long as this one did ..............

Sorry as I really had a rotten day as you can tell .........
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom