Incubators!! We don't need no stinkin' incubators!!

My daughter felt bad for the broodies and made them an "air conditioner". They weren't even sitting fully on their eggs they were so hot.

She put a frozen two liter of water near them then ran extension cords out to the coop and placed a small fan blowing on the bottle. They have finally quit panting.

She needs to come make us an air conditioner! Forget the chickens, it's the HUMANS that are dying in the heat....No A/C sucks!

Last edited:
Am I the only person so OLD that I know that Ice + Fan = Swamp Cooler?
old.gif
old.gif
old.gif

It was how you got air conditioning before air conditioning was invented... Isn't anyone else old enough to remember this??? omg
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Quote:
No - I know what a swamp cooler is. I'm the one who gave her the idea.

Cjeanean - I'm sorry you don't have air - we don't run ours much but when its like this - it goes on.

I brought the baby ducks inside yesterday during the worst part of it.

Haha I was just thinking the same exact thing. We have air conditioning- luckily. Sorry for those of you that don't! I walk outside and I'm like WOW it's like a walk-in incubator!
th.gif

Now, it seems like we need incubators to keep the eggs cool enough - not to heat them up.

Right Now for
Mobile, AL:

Mostly Cloudy
100°F
Feels Like
107°F

LOL yeppers hotter then you know what out there for what seems like everywhere. Right now here it is 95 and climbing with close to 70% dewpoint definately optimal humidity for the last 3 days of incubation. Speaking of I am taking mine out of the turner tonight maybe i won't have to "up" the humidity then
big_smile.png

The heat index is suppose to be 105 possibly higher. Im gonna have to dunk the flock in the kiddie pool

Back
Top Bottom