Indian Runner Duckling, skin issue

That's w
They sure are adorable.:love So happy to hear Hope is doing so much better. I have Indian Runners and they are such neat little bowling pins [that is what they remind me of].

It's a wonderful gift God has given

They sure are adorable.:love So happy to hear Hope is doing so much better. I have Indian Runners and they are such neat little bowling pins [that is what they remind me of].

It's a wonderful gift God has given us. ❤️
Lol they remind me of bowling pins as well lol.

This is Hope now, the one outside the pool. She's doing great. Thank you to everyone for all your help, advice and information.

Attachments

• 20230417_111554.jpg
    20230417_111554.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 1
I wasn't sure which thread to put this under. My Indian runner is 12 days old tonight. Hope was the only one to hatch out of 7 eggs and had some problems, we had to help her hatch due to malpositioned and shrink wrap. Took us a couple days to get dried blood and stuff off her wing and head. We didn't think she would make it, couldnt stand, just lay and kick for 2 days. We'd hold her up but her head would fall over, we gave her water, we didn't give up and at 3 days she was up and running so we got 2 ducklings from a farm to keep her company. Her fur/feathers isn't growing like the others and I'm seeing little scratches almost bloody looking but not bleeding. She went swimming once and now doesn't want to. She uses water from feeder to bathe in. We are using pine shavings. She's not growing as fast as the others but that was expected. You can't see the scratches good, I'll try get better ones later. It's mostly on her wing and under neck and chest. Also, her oil gland was bleeding and she is constantly biting at it. It stopped bleeding and no longer red, it's yellow looking, normal I think. Could she have an allergy to pine shavings or something. She's eating and drinking good. I'll post a few pics but I'll get better one soon. Thanks again.
I just rescued two ducklings and the Indian runner has the bald spot too
C749728C-DB1C-4213-A102-C9E96F5218FC.jpeg

I just saw

I just saw under your name, Gift of God, external life, John 3:16, something like that, that just brighten my day..
Also, update on Hope(King Hope of a boy lol) she is doing great. We put her in bigger cage where they can see and get more fresh air, bathe her and now she looking better and her oil gland is starting to work. Thank you for all your help. For everyone's help. Hope is my little indian runner, the black one is Theodore, he's was suppose to be khaki Campbell but I think he's black canya or something like that, the yellow, brown looking color one is Eleanor, suppose to be mix Welsh and Campbell, but I think welsh and canya. Not positive though.
May I ask where you found that nice waterer? I am looking for something not so hard to change. I have bought the plastic ones with the screw on lids and I can't ever get the lids off of them. I really like that design.

May I ask where you found that nice waterer? I am looking for something not so hard to change. I have bought the plastic ones with the screw on lids and I can't ever get the lids off of them. I really like that design.
We bought them at tractor supply. My husband made a feeder to try keep from wasting, one if the water things we made but it got crushed by accident lol

I had a meatal one, done good. Just gotta be careful about rusting. Mine never rusted, but they said they could. It was about 3yrs ago I got these waterers and feeders though lol.
Thanks, our Tractor Supply didn't have any like that so I ended up buying a big metal one that I have not tried yet. Hopefully it works well for them.

Back
Top Bottom