Indiana Breeders!!!!!!!!

just looking for breeders on this thread. there are other threads for sharing pics of your lovely birds
smile.png

well i'm in NW Indiana and am looking for a breeder to sell me chicks. looking for good egg layers mainly, good foragers and cold hardy are a plus too. i want to avoid inhumane hatcheries and dont mind straight run chicks, though i'm mainly looking for hens to lay. if you are a breeder or know one in northern Indiana please let me know.

I just found this thread and I see you posted back in August, but thought I would let you know that I am near Indy and among the birds I breed is the Norwegian Jaerhon, which I think is the perfect chicken for the Midwestern backyard flock. They are a docile, midsize chicken that lays a large egg for its size and they will continue to lay during the cold winter months. As long as I raise chickens, I will always have some Jaerhon - they are my favorite breed!

How much do you sell the Cemanis for? And what varieties of Danvers?

I have black, quail and self blue d'anvers. Currently I do not have any birds available for sale, but I presently have eggs from my breeding pairs in the incubator. Cemani pricing will be based upon blackness. You may be aware that they are a selectively bred bird and can throw some color. I will have Cemani available for sale most likely in February or March, depending upon my hatch rate. Please check with me then! D'anvers availability will be more like March and April. If that changes, I can let you know if you are interested. I may get out of d'anvers altogether and focus on long tail breeds, but I haven't made a final decision on that yet.

Back
Top Bottom