INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I'm guessing at any farm supply for ready-made feed. You can call around to the ones in your area to see what they have.

If you have a local feed mill that still formulates feed you can specify what you want/don't want and they'll make it to order but usually make you buy a minimum which is often way too much unless you're sharing with someone else.

I'm blessed to have one of the feed mills nearby...they can be hard to find anymore. When I first got started I had mine formulated so I could have it made the way I wanted it (no soy, no gmo, calcium level that is appropriate for chicks, specific protein level including some animal protein).

After getting the formula worked out I now make my own so I don't have to buy a large amount at a time.

Last edited:
I think TSC carries an all flock feed. I just bought a bag of layer so I will finish that first, but I thanks everyone for the information. I learn something new everyday with you guys. :) On another note, our silkies are getting pom pom tails and their crests are starting. They are so stinking cute. I know I can't keep them all, but it's hard not to. I will be selling them in pairs in a few months if anyone is interested.

I think TSC carries an all flock feed. I just bought a bag of layer so I will finish that first, but I thanks everyone for the information. I learn something new everyday with you guys. :) On another note, our silkies are getting pom pom tails and their crests are starting. They are so stinking cute. I know I can't keep them all, but it's hard not to. I will be selling them in pairs in a few months if anyone is interested.

Thanks guys for the info. I do still have some starter/ finisher and some layer feed that I will finish up with but will buy some of the all flock for my gang. I have tow Roos and 14 Hens. I'm new at this so still learning. and you all have been a big help. I don't post much but read a lot and love hearing all about everyone's family.

Rhonda- those Roos are gorgeous!! Wish I needed one!! Peabirdhaven has a Millie Cochin and everything I'm at her house I comment on him!!

I stared feeing all flock about 1 1/2 months ago. So everybody is on the same too!! And I'm like Sally, they eat less since it's higher protein. I throw out some oyster every so often. My TSC does not keep it( they might order if I asked) but my RK has it.

Back
Top Bottom