INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Leahs Mom how wonderful! Love all the pictures, they are adorable
love.gif

So glad this was a happy ending, and what a good momma she is.

I agree that is a nice deal. But what kind of a set up do you have for their brooder area. I ask because I am planning to raise a large number of roosters and while I have a nice idea for the coop, I need to get them to at least 4 weeks before putting them into it.
I looked at some of the metal chick quail brooder boxes. They look really nice and would be reusable. BUT they are also rather pricey.

Ohh and if you don't care too much about breed Meyer hatchery has a nice deal on roosters once you get to 100.

I just bought a 10X14 shed from someone. Going to insulate it, and set it up for large brooding space. Still working out the details... It will also be used for my turkeys once the chickens are grown enough to be in hoop coops. We have plenty of acreage just need more buildings up!
Going to check out the deal with Meyers too, I really like some of the off-season offers out there right now.

you realize I hope that those cheap chickens are almost all roosters and dual purpose birds....
oh yes, that's the idea. DP make good meatbirds too. CX are ok for fryers, but these will be more for roasting, just like to have the different texture/flavor of the meat to offer my family. One bonus is that you may get one or 2 good roosters out of the mix for keepers. The specials have one offer that gives you 1/2 roosters and 1/2 as hatched, so that package you may get some good hens out of it too.

Figured i would share something, LOL I came home from work and was looking around for something to eat. Eggs sounded good so I opened the fridge door and then I was like ok what kind of egg do i want. Small? Medium? Large? or Extra Large? Well I went with the Extra Large which was Duck Eggs. So I fried me up some duck eggs on bread. What I did was cut a circle out of the bread then put bread in skillet and then put the egg over the bread. Oh that was so tasty and filled my stomach. LOL I didnt know what to post tonight so I figured I would share what I ate.

Hehe! sounds wonderful! I admit i am the biggest egg eater here. I usually have 3-4 a day, in salads, sunnyside, omlette, poached, hard boiled, whatever. Its fast easy food and i just love em!
Can't wait for my muscovies to start laying but most of those i will hatch. Oh and the geese too. I have 2 gander and 4 geese so 2 will not have fertile eggs. Hope they don't all use the same nests...Both ganders have chosen mates already. My 2 "old maid" geese will need mates I guess
lau.gif

My ducks wont use nest boxes. Every morning i have to go into coop and grab them up off the floor. They all lay them in one spot so i dont have to search all over for the eggs at least. lol

Figured i would share something, LOL I came home from work and was looking around for something to eat. Eggs sounded good so I opened the fridge door and then I was like ok what kind of egg do i want. Small? Medium? Large? or Extra Large? Well I went with the Extra Large which was Duck Eggs. So I fried me up some duck eggs on bread. What I did was cut a circle out of the bread then put bread in skillet and then put the egg over the bread. Oh that was so tasty and filled my stomach. LOL I didnt know what to post tonight so I figured I would share what I ate.
I just got in from feeding, (it was 6 degrees here) I read this and Now I want eggs, So Going to go make me some eggs !!! LOL !!

Back
Top Bottom