INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

our 50 new fuzzy buts arived today I'm very excited.25 welsumer and 25 black copper marains

Should be some fun colors in that egg basket!

Back again tried to get caught up but was off for awhile again. Caught up on a few pages. Wind yesterday was crazy. Was out of power for 8 hours glad I was not incubating. I was watching all my chickens wind surfing yesterday while I was trying to get ahead of cleaning fence line. It was hilarious. They would run to one end of their area and get a good glide and run back and do it again. Then I go inside coop getting ready to fill their food and thought maybe one of my cats was in the coop with them, but it was my little sebright just being loud. I never knew that little girl could be so loud.

@jcny20200 and @SallyinIndiana

I agree that AI might be a good solution. I know someone that has Jersey A2/A2 straws from New Zealand that might sell some. Great genetics and if you get a heiffer you would have a great replacement for the future!

Let me know if you'd be interested in checking and I'll find out prices. You'd have to find someone in your area that does the actual "deed".

Last edited:
I took advantage of the beautiful weather today and cleaned the coops, bleached and scrubbed the waterers and horse trough and took down my tarps (they were pretty torn up and I think the worst weather is behind us now). I also got some pics of the silkied ameraucana (and a couple others)!

Black silkied ameraucana hen

Lavender silkied ameraucana hen (unfortunately beardless)

One of my Bielie girls, still my favorite! (love them!!!!)

Another shot of the lavender girl

Lavender silkied ameraucana

Crazy looking mottled Breda

I took advantage of the beautiful weather today and cleaned the coops, bleached and scrubbed the waterers and horse trough and took down my tarps (they were pretty torn up and I think the worst weather is behind us now). I also got some pics of the silkied ameraucana (and a couple others)! Black silkied ameraucana hen Lavender silkied ameraucana hen (unfortunately beardless) One of my Bielie girls, still my favorite! (love them!!!!) Black silkied ameraucana hen Another shot of the lavender girl Lavender silkied ameraucana Crazy looking mottled Breda
I did the same thing!!! It was too good of a day to pass up!!! It felt so good to have a clean coop! Now if spring would hurry up so I can remodel the coop and make it bigger for them!!

@cganote @pipdzipdnreadytogo My eldest son when he was younger had a parakeet he adored and he would gross us all out by allowing him "Jeffery" to practically climb into his mouth and pick his teeth. Jeffery did it for "leftovers" :sick
:sick Okay, ew. I love my birds, but my mouth is off limits for them! :lol:
Anybody have silver gray dorkings for sell or eggs. I live in Martinsville
I don't know where you can find breeder stock in the state, but I wish you the best of luck finding some! I have adored my hatchery Dorkings pretty much from day one, such lovely birds with great temperaments! :) (Yes, come to the Dork side..!)
I took advantage of the beautiful weather today and cleaned the coops, bleached and scrubbed the waterers and horse trough and took down my tarps (they were pretty torn up and I think the worst weather is behind us now). I also got some pics of the silkied ameraucana (and a couple others)! Black silkied ameraucana hen Lavender silkied ameraucana hen (unfortunately beardless) One of my Bielie girls, still my favorite! (love them!!!!)
I'll have one of each, please. :drool :lol: Such pretty birds! I am so jealous, especially of these three!!

Nothing like doing a head count in the evening and missing one hen....I've looked everywhere!! Barns, bushes, garage, fields ,everywhere and she is no where to be found!
1f615.png
What do you all do when you are missing a hen!?

Nothing like doing a head count in the evening and missing one hen....I've looked everywhere!! Barns, bushes, garage, fields ,everywhere and she is no where to be found!
1f615.png
What do you all do when you are missing a hen!?
I am so sorry to hear that! I normally do what you did, look around, near the coop and such. Mine free range so they could be anywhere... normally they turn up the next day tho so that is good?
I took advantage of the beautiful weather today and cleaned the coops, bleached and scrubbed the waterers and horse trough and took down my tarps (they were pretty torn up and I think the worst weather is behind us now). I also got some pics of the silkied ameraucana (and a couple others)!

Lavender silkied ameraucana hen (unfortunately beardless)

One of my Bielie girls, still my favorite! (love them!!!!)

Another shot of the lavender girl

Lavender silkied ameraucana

Crazy looking mottled Breda
Those ameraucanas are beautiful :) I also took advantage of the great day to clean the coop, restrawed it and cleaned everything.

I am so sorry to hear that! I normally do what you did, look around, near the coop and such. Mine free range so they could be anywhere... normally they turn up the next day tho so that is good?
Those ameraucanas are beautiful :) I also took advantage of the great day to clean the coop, restrawed it and cleaned everything. 

I'm hoping that's what happens that she turns up in the morning!!

Back
Top Bottom