INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Hi I have 8 bantam chicks, they are 1 week old. I have them in a maybe 40 gallon fish tank.
The thermometer is reading at 80, but the heat lamp is no longer aimed right at it. They all walk over to the corner next to the thermometer
and lay down snuggled against each other, is that normal? Everyone has mostly feathered wings and some tail feathers. Also had
to make a lid as one "flew" the length of the tank. They kinda play with sitting on the branches we put in for them but tend to nap in the corner. They look like kindergartners fighting for the best nap pad. They don't stay like this for more than a few minutes before somebody decodes its time to get up and runs over everyone to wake them up.

I actually went and lowered the light to warm it up so it matches the 2 week mark on the thermometer. So either it helped or nap time was over. they are scratching and searching for dropped food. No worries about theses guys not having the idea of scratching dirt. lol I think my friend had stupid chickens

I heard that someone dumped water in two stock tanks of chicks at the Terre Haute Rural King yesterday.
somad.gif

We are originally from Cali and Portland OR. So we don't know many people here in the mid west. We've only been in Princeton 1 year

Welcome to BYC! and to Indiana, I have an uncle in Fransisco to the west of Princeton and an aunt in Oakland city just east of Fransisco. so I am familiar with that area. I guess after 1 year you've adjusted to the phrases fast time/ slow time when dealing with neighboring counties.....

Ya b
Welcome to BYC! and to Indiana, I have an uncle in Fransisco to the west of Princeton and an aunt in Oakland city just east of Fransisco. so I am familiar with that area. I guess after 1 year you've adjusted to the phrases fast time/ slow time when dealing with neighboring counties.....

Yes but it's still a pain when everyone is on a different time zone and you try and plan things

Back
Top Bottom