INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Help! I've lost 3 birds in the last week. There were wing tips left from one of them the rest are completely gone! What eats whole birds feathers, bones and all?!?

Quote: I enjoy keeping them too. Lay daily and so social!

Help! I've lost 3 birds in the last week. There were wing tips left from one of them the rest are completely gone! What eats whole birds feathers, bones and all?!?
Owls..Had it here too. They will enter your coops and take as many birds as they can eat. Possum and Raccoon will also eat all but wings.I am so sorry for your losses.

So sorry for your loss
1f62d.png
. I lost 4 to a fox over time. One of my girls is a mouse catcher, better then a cat!

Alright.... so I'm not sure if I said anything before on her but I raise rabbits as well. I recently (in the last 2 days) went from a stock of 5, to 21, all over 8 weeks (legal minimum age for sale). My FIL had four, but with my MIL getting diagnosed with ST4 pancreatic cancer, didn't want the hassle anymore. A friend of mine decided to purge animals to start fresh in the spring. He ended up bringing me more than I had originally thought. Now I have more rabbits than holes (or budget).

SO!

If anyone in the Indianapolis area would like any rabbits, please let me know. I can't let go of any equipment, and I won't rob ya either. Most of them are mixed breeds, so show rabbits they are not. I was mainly raising mine for meat and fur, but now the misses wants to get into showing, so the couple that are pure she wants to keep. If there is any interest, PM me and I can send pictures (too dark to now). I'd hate to put them down simply because of room, because there isn't that much room in the freezer either. If you want them for pets or for dinner, it's fine with me. Thanks for reading, hope everyone has a merry Christmas!

#12897 of 12897
18 seconds ago
Chickens4lifee
I'm so happy I got 2 Americana hens show quality and a roo. We just went and got some chickens from Craigs list and my dad looked on Facebook and saw an Americana too for free so we contacted and they met. But at the place where I got the hens I paid 45.00 for a
barredrock/CL mix roo
2 Americana hens
A buff Orpington hen
And a astroplup hen
So I am looking forward to selling some Americana eggs starting in February or March my too is only 4 months but I will start a waiting list.
Visit ccpoultryfarm.weebly.com and go to the contact form please put that you want to be on the waiting list for that breed so I will know. Thank you all and have a marry Christmas

All this weather change and temp swings are causing my hens total confusion! no eggs..most will not even leave the coops. My leghorn are still laying and a few RIR. We are supposed to reach near 60 degrees Monday. Muddy mess here am glad we have raised coops.
Merry Christmas to everyone! We are "empty nest" this year, daughters both married. Of course still my parents and a nephew here. But its different this year with both our girls married and moved away... Missing the little feet rushing to the tree to see what Santa brought. As they grew older, so many things they did to help with our holiday celebrations. Hardest part is missing evening services at church too, Mom being a shut in. Dad still drives some and can go.
Youngest DD stopped in just for a hug, and oldest DD sent several texts..lives 2 hours away now. busy lives both working in elder care. Remember to thank folks who work with elders, they don't get holidays off. Both our girls are working this weekend! Someone has to be there for nursing care, mental support, case care and food for those in nursing homes.

Back
Top Bottom