INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

The picture is two weeks old now, but these EE chicks have been the most pleasant and laid back chicks I've had. Solid beards on three of the four.

The khakis on the other hand despise human presence. Lol.

The picture is two weeks old now, but these EE chicks have been the most pleasant and laid back chicks I've had. Solid beards on three of the four.

The khakis on the other hand despise human presence. Lol.
My EEs have always been so social! Ducks, its weird, some breeds like people some don't. Muscovy is by far the most social breed I have owned, and the mallards. Its funny, because both are actually a "wild" breed.

Welcome to all our new thread members! :frow TSC Anderson has some ducks, Cornish X and a few laying pullet breeds. They did have a fairly full bantam bin too. If I get over to New Castle I will post whats there. I am looking for a good home for our mini Donkey, Daisy. PM me for price, etc. She is excellent around small children, leads well, stands to be groomed and for the farrier. 4 1/2 to 5 year old Jenny. Her only fault is she doesn't like her halter put on! She is gentle with all my poultry and waterfowl, even the barn cats. My bull "likes her" way too much, and am concerned he will hurt her. Or she will hurt him! I have seen her kick and bite him telling him to go away :mad: ! I have her and my goats on a separate pasture but there are times they must all comingle.
Such a great pic!!
1f60d.png

Wait- does this sign say Brown Leghorn?!

I've been looking for some!

Man my car is in the shop today and we have electricians here today and tomorrow. Cannot do a road trip right now. I bet they would never hold any for me. :(

I've been haunting my two local TSC. Maybe they will get brown leghorns eventually. Probably in between checks though. They always tell me it's random when they get chicks, just keep calling. That gets tedious.

I'd happily pick some up for you if you want. Just let me know.

If you happen by and they are still there, can you let me know if they are rose comb or single comb?   i really want some rose comb brown leghorns.  

I was there again earlier today but didn't see this! Sorry. They did still have them but I didn't pay any attention at the combs.
I'm going back tomorrow and trying to every day because I have a couple in mind I'm watching out for so I'll try to get a good look.

Wait- does this sign say Brown Leghorn?! I've been looking for some! Man my car is in the shop today and we have electricians here today and tomorrow. Cannot do a road trip right now. I bet they would never hold any for me. :( I've been haunting my two local TSC. Maybe they will get brown leghorns eventually. Probably in between checks though. They always tell me it's random when they get chicks, just keep calling. That gets tedious.
I'd happily pick some up for you if you want. Just let me know.
If you happen by and they are still there, can you let me know if they are rose comb or single comb? i really want some rose comb brown leghorns.
I called around to all the RKs within 1.5 hours of me today. (I got my car back and the electricians finished up early!) Monticello had some. I preferred driving up there to going around Indy. Mine appear to be single comb.
(There is one Silver Laced Wyandotte in there.) They had Light Brahma, but no dark.

Honeyville Feed in Northern Indiana is offering Black Australorp chicks in April. They are from a breeder and not a hatchery.
Thanks for the heads-up! I haven't been to the Mill since December so I miss these things.

I had one little Black Australorp that got in a batch of chicks by mistake and she was a mean little girl. I think @jchny2000 had some mean BAs too. Wondering if that is a breed tendency with them or just certain lines? Anyone had BA experience?

@JaneyMarie
Have you had BAs before? Do you know who the breeder is?

Back
Top Bottom