INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

@tmarsh83
 and @Leahs Mom
 my BA is sweet but crazy loud. I call her the spokeswoman of the group. As we've added birds to the flock she just gets louder.  She honestly puts the roosters to shame!  But she listens to me- if I call out "Fluffy Butt, knock it off" she stops her monologue.  I guess she just wants to know she's been heard! 

I love this description, sounds just like my RIR's. We have always considered them grouch butts, but I think they would appreciate being called the spokeswomen of the flock.lol

I have quails Coturnix ,Texas A&M, 1 Male Italian,and 1 Male Rosetta Quail. My females should be laying any day now! I have way too many males, and need to find them new homes.

Yep
1f44d.png
Unless anyone closer would happen to have some.
I wouldn't mind trying both Texas A&M as I read that they are mostly if not all white meat and the Coturnix.
How many could you gather for me and I'll need to look up how long they stay viable.

Just what I have been looking for! I would like to be part of this group. My name is Jeanne and I am co-owner of Cedar Road Farm. I live in Bourbon and have been here for 2-years now. I own 50-hens and 12 roosters and have 7-Pekin ducks and currently looking to add at least 6-more Pekin hens. I am also looking for a location in Northern In for Non-GMO feed and recipes to make my own feed if anyone would like to share. Thanks for letting me be part of this group!

Welcome! We have a great bunch here! Do you breed, show, table or are they just for fun?
We love pics too!
1f60d.png

Just what I have been looking for! I would like to be part of this group. My name is Jeanne and I am co-owner of Cedar Road Farm. I live in Bourbon and have been here for 2-years now. I own 50-hens and 12 roosters and have 7-Pekin ducks and currently looking to add at least 6-more Pekin hens. I am also looking for a location in Northern In for Non-GMO feed and recipes to make my own feed if anyone would like to share. Thanks for letting me be part of this group!

@CedarRoadFarm
Yes! Welcome :)

I also purchase my grains from Honeyville Feed in Topeka. I use organic for my grains and purchase by the 50 lb bag and only grind enough for a week or so. That way it isn't getting rancid on the shelf.

To add to what @JanetMarie said, I also have a spreadsheet that I got from Jeff at Fertrell that you can plug in the particular items you're using and it gives you a percentage of various vitamins and minerals and protein level, etc. I only used it initially as I now have a feel for the ingredients. I'd be glad to share that if you'd be interested. Send me a personal message and we can "talk" more! :)

@CedarRoadFarm

Yes!  Welcome :)

I also purchase my grains from Honeyville Feed in Topeka.  I use organic for my grains and purchase by the 50 lb bag and only grind enough for a week or so.  That way it isn't getting rancid on the shelf.

To add to what @JanetMarie
said, I also have a spreadsheet that I got from Jeff at Fertrell that you can plug in the particular items you're using and it gives you a percentage of various vitamins and minerals and protein level, etc.  I only used it initially as I now have a feel for the ingredients.  I'd be glad to share that if you'd be interested.  Send me a personal message and we can "talk" more!  :)

Oh, gosh, I would love that info if you don't mind sharing with me as well. I'm always so worried my girls aren't getting enough of everything. Unfortunately, I'm not able to buy organic or the expesive brands but I try to supplement in other ways.

My Quails That Hatched Jan. 23rd, 2017 just laid their first eggs!!! I found one egg right before I cleaned their cages. Then after I put them back in their cages with clean bedding, I came back 1 hour latter, and found another egg. And once more within an hour found another! I vent sexed all my birds just yesterday! And I came out with 3 females and 11 males. I guess I sexed them right! I had them separated from all the males except 1 over night. YAY!! And I was just looking on here and craigslist today looking to buy more quail eggs to hatch or females to add to the egg making! Guess I don't need to now. I'll hatch my own!

In the pictures, I'm using a eggs carton from chicken store eggs to set them before I incubate them in a couple of days!

@ellymayRans
If you want some quail eggs to hatch, I can send you some now!

Yep
1f44d.png
Unless anyone closer would happen to have some.
I wouldn't mind trying both Texas A&M as I read that they are mostly if not all white meat and the Coturnix.
How many could you gather for me and I'll need to look up how long they stay viable.
Just got 3 eggs today!!! I can get you 1 dozen within this week!
I only have 3 Texas A&M Girls, and 5 Male A&M's. I could possible send you a pair for yourself! I don't mind dropping to 2 females. I can always hatch their eggs and try for more females!

Just what I have been looking for! I would like to be part of this group. My name is Jeanne and I am co-owner of Cedar Road Farm. I live in Bourbon and have been here for 2-years now. I own 50-hens and 12 roosters and have 7-Pekin ducks and currently looking to add at least 6-more Pekin hens. I am also looking for a location in Northern In for Non-GMO feed and recipes to make my own feed if anyone would like to share. Thanks for letting me be part of this group!
Welcome!! Happy you joined us!
welcome-byc.gif

Just got 3 eggs today!!! I can get you 1 dozen within this week!
I only have 3 Texas A&M Girls, and 5 Male A&M's. I could possible send you a pair for yourself! I don't mind dropping to 2 females. I can always hatch their eggs and try for more females!

You're so sweet. My (1) incubator is packed full ATM with Cochins turkeys BCM and OE. I have a large bator I'm dragging out tomorrow to get fired up and would love some eggs. You hang on to your producers!
1f60a.png
I'm ok with starting from scratch!!
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom