INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I'm not sure you gave her much of a choice. :hmm
I don't see it that way but perhaps that's because I know my own intentions. I don't understand why things are read into and misconstrued. Especially when I use emojis to show my intention. How is a hug taken to be anything but that? :hugs I understand how she feels about being misread. Happens to me all the time. But no one owes anything to anyone they don't personally know. I gave my opinion and nothing more. :idunnoi just don't want her to feel she has to prove anything to me. I'm just some woman that is on the internet. Same as everybody else. You do you and forget all the nay nays :thumbsup

I don't see it that way but perhaps that's because I know my own intentions. I don't understand why things are read into and misconstrued. Especially when I use emojis to show my intention. How is a hug taken to be anything but that? :hugs I understand how she feels about being misread. Happens to me all the time. But no one owes anything to anyone they don't personally know. I gave my opinion and nothing more. :idunnoi just don't want her to feel she has to prove anything to me. I'm just some woman that is on the internet. Same as everybody else. You do you and forget all the nay nays :thumbsup
That all sounds good to me, I'm only saying I just understand why she reacted to you that way from your intial post. It looked unnecessary, like you were picking her apart, when I think pretty much everyone understands what someone means when they say pet farm animal: An animal that is normally considered livestock but someone has as a pet. Just my two cents, as another random woman on the Internet, lol

That all sounds good to me, I'm only saying I just understand why she reacted to you that way from your intial post. It looked unnecessary, like you were picking her apart, when I think pretty much everyone understands what someone means when they say pet farm animal: An animal that is normally considered livestock but someone has as a pet. Just my two cents, as another random woman on the Internet, lol
I didn't mean it that way at all but seeing it from your perspective that makes sense. I'm not someone who goes about picking fights but I guess my words in this case were twisted into something that was not my intention. Again I thoroughly apologize if it was taken that way.

I didn't mean it that way at all but seeing it from your perspective that makes sense. I'm not someone who goes about picking fights but I guess my words in this case were twisted into something that was not my intention. Again I thoroughly apologize if it was taken that way.
Like you said, things can be misconstrued when we can't hear tone and don't know the person's intentions. I've seen a lot of your posts so I didn't think you were being mean or anything but I could see how it could be taken the wrong way. ☺️

B7bg2hVyB7Ar.jpg

I'll play!

What birds were your #1 favorite?

Chickens. Love many breeds but big fat fluffy English Orps are my fav. Son loves Appenzeller Spitzhauben & Daughter is a Silkie fan. Throw in a few seramas, a piano-playing Modern Game Bantam, and a feisty, 7 yr old Sebright who is the top hen
View attachment 3380240View attachment 3380244View attachment 3380239
View attachment 3380247View attachment 3380251View attachment 3380252View attachment 3380246View attachment 3380248

What have you kept?
Only kept chickens with occasional (seasonal) quail & turkeys (2-3 at a time)
Hatched:
chickens (big orps & Bielefelders down to tiny seramas and many breeds in between), ducks, quail, turkeys. Love to hatch!! - best when we do it for others

What didn't work out well?
Love-Hate relationship with turkeys. Cute poults, annoying and hysterical antics, great flock protection, they eat a lot, can be bullies to the chickens, and taste delicious. Every fall I'm counting the days until their departure. But spring hits and I soften, then decide to hatch some again.
View attachment 3380245

What would you like to keep someday?

Rabbits. I had a Flemish giant as a kid. Also some Netherland dwarfs.
Maybe.... Maybe... If I had the property.... trying a few goats or sheep.
May I ask how you go about finding English orps and if you need to have pure parent stock to get good, heavy framed orpingtons with non- shredding? I am getting hatching eggs from someone tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to them for many reasons. I'm curious if mine will ever look as full as yours. I've read people say that breeding them takes a lot of time but it's possible and others say you'll never have good feathers and frame unless you start with show quality.

Back
Top Bottom