INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Chick days just started this week at RK……the bins were still full of a variety yesterday when I was there.
We had chicks at our RK in Avon. I'm hatching my own this year we hatched 5: last year on a trial run. If you are around Indy and want to hatch your own I have a spare rooster I'm trying to find a flock for, or we have fertile eggs.

Last edited:
My brother-in-law is looking for fertile duck eggs. He's in Camby.
Sorry, I don’t keep ducks anymore. The Chinese geese are the only waterfowl I have. (Not planning to sell any of their eggs.)

Geese don’t seem to lay long enough for me to get sick of hatching them out. But who knows? This is the first year that I’ve had two geese laying.

Sorry, I don’t keep ducks anymore. The Chinese geese are the only waterfowl I have. (Not planning to sell any of their eggs.)

Geese don’t seem to lay long enough for me to get sick of hatching them out. But who knows? This is the first year that I’ve had two geese laying.
That's fine thank you, he doesn't want geese. Just ducks. Appreciate it

It's been ages since I have been on here. Life's events and all. But my life has finally started to slow down and I am able to really get back into raising and enjoying my chickens again.
It's been a while since I have incubated eggs, but this spring I am incubating eggs that I ordered from Greenfire Farms. I currently have in the incubator a 5 egg rare breed assortment which included Crevecoeur, Denizli Longcrower, and Indio Gigante. Not so excited about the last 2 breeds, not ones I would have picked, but it is what I got, and I am super excited about the Crevecoeur. I also have Lavender/Lavender Split Wyandotte, Spangled Russian Orloff, Mechelan Turkey Head, Flarry Eye Gray. I am really hoping for a good hatch. I have another order coming next week that will have a couple more of the rare breed assortment, I hope to get something different some more Russian Orloff and one of the breeds that I have wanted ever since I first seen them, Golden Deathlayer. They also always ship 2 extra eggs with each shippment which I am excited to see what they are as well.
It's great being back on here. Sorry for the long post.

It's been ages since I have been on here. Life's events and all. But my life has finally started to slow down and I am able to really get back into raising and enjoying my chickens again.
It's been a while since I have incubated eggs, but this spring I am incubating eggs that I ordered from Greenfire Farms. I currently have in the incubator a 5 egg rare breed assortment which included Crevecoeur, Denizli Longcrower, and Indio Gigante. Not so excited about the last 2 breeds, not ones I would have picked, but it is what I got, and I am super excited about the Crevecoeur. I also have Lavender/Lavender Split Wyandotte, Spangled Russian Orloff, Mechelan Turkey Head, Flarry Eye Gray. I am really hoping for a good hatch. I have another order coming next week that will have a couple more of the rare breed assortment, I hope to get something different some more Russian Orloff and one of the breeds that I have wanted ever since I first seen them, Golden Deathlayer. They also always ship 2 extra eggs with each shippment which I am excited to see what they are as well.
It's great being back on here. Sorry for the long post.
How exciting! Nice that you can get back into your chickens!

I have Russian Orloffs. Mine are just hatchery from Rural King last year. Only pullets. Ironically, I had a Russian Orloff rooster that I hung onto for several years and finally decided to sell him last spring. A couple months later, I found the pullets at RK and then I was kicking myself for selling my male because none of my 10 pullets were an accidental rooster. Oh well, that how it goes.

If you eventually decide to sell any extra cockerels in the future, I would probably be interested in some if I still have these girls then.

Back
Top Bottom