INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Quote:
lau.gif
UGH me too, every time I see it tho, makes me laugh!

Just got back on. Internet went out last night and was just now able to get back on. now i have alot to catch up on. lol Hope everyone is being safe out there today.
Glad you're back on! Lock down day for me!!!! SOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!

Oh, he would fit in great then. I just love his color. My girls and roo come running when I call and don't mind being picked up. I am out there 5-6 times a day, more if its nice weather. They free range when I'm in the yard. Would he do ok with chicks do you think? I have 8 eggs in the incubator, Icould throw them together after they hatch.
I have silkies that are very small. At 4-5 wks still look like day old LF chicks!! He is around them at times but never seems to be interested enough to go approach them. The silkies are in their own little dog kennel but the door is open so they can come out...stretch their wings as they wish. He isn't aggressive to any of the other chickens at all. I would suggest separating them but allowing visual contact for about a week then supervised time together to see how he does. Since he'd be alone during that time he'll probably be very glad to finally be with them.

lau.gif
I had to share this guys, I was laughing so hard I had tears!!!!
Yep showing my age, I loved the Beatles
big_smile.png

14087_616365505059573_306753292_n.jpg

Town meeting went really well. Town code says NO LIVESTOCK
ep.gif
in town, but we are zoned Agriculture. I jumped through all these "hoops" years ago when we moved here. Since we are still zoned AG, we are under county code, but I am calling the county tomorrow with more questions. The livestock per acre rule, I want the actual codes # and I want to read them.... The town Atty also stated that we cannot be rezoned, Hmmm I want to hear that from the county too. I may call the state yet, and hope i get someone to give me solid answers. met 2 other families on our road we had not met yet. DH mentioned all our critters to the other hubbies, WOW we talked a very long time, exchanged emails and cell #s. Very happy to get to know a few more neighbors! About froze and us girls all went for the cars, the guys started to chat about 4x4s guns pickup trucks hehe ( no offense to the guys here meant at all
hide.gif
us girls were cold!! lol) So its looking like I get to have my cows this spring, and my goats right away! UGH.. more fences
th.gif
Makes me want to sing udder, udder you don't give me milk no more.....

I'm wondering if anyone near Bargersville would loan or rent me an incubator for one hatching. I would like to try my hand at incubating and hatching eggs before buying one. I'm thinking summer would be after the spring rush and still give me enough time for the birds to get feathered before cold weather.

I'm wondering if anyone near Bargersville would loan or rent me an incubator for one hatching. I would like to try my hand at incubating and hatching eggs before buying one. I'm thinking summer would be after the spring rush and still give me enough time for the birds to get feathered before cold weather.
I don't have one but there are plenty of people with homemade ones that claim success! From little 10gal aquariums to styrofoam coolers. There's a thread/forum discussion on this very thing here on BYC. You should check it out.

Sally, I have two Little Giants that I don't use any more since I got my Sportsman. I'm in Franklin on Monday evenings and Tuesday mornings--not sure how far that is from Bargersville. You're welcome to use one or both.

Back
Top Bottom