INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Mother2hens- that is sooo funny! I'm glad to know that someone else spoiled their chickens like I do! I'm not quite that bad, no luxury coup yet but I do buy fresh fruit for treats!

Animallover- I'd be very careful with poison. I know my Jack russels and house cat will catch them and what if it has poison in it and they eat it....they'd could die too. I'm not willing to take that chance. Been fighting a mouse here too. It's a smart one and keeps escaping! But I'll get it eventually!!

We have a good mousing cat outside... we got her from a farm, she was a barn kitten. Any time we have a mouse in the house, we bring her in, set her down near where it is, and she pounces. We then pick her up with it in her mouth and set her back outside to eat it. The male cat we have is lazy. I have had to show him the mice and keep catching or cornering it for him :/

I have a bonded yr old pr of Sweetgrass turkeys for sale. From my Porters stock. Asking 110.00 for the pr.

2 yr old pr of Fall Fire for 125.00. Look on Porters website for the color. The hen is friendly and will let you reach under her for eggs..

Also have 1 yr. old Pied male peacocks for sale at 75.00 ea. Will be fertile now but tail will come in 2nd year. I have parents on site.

Other turkey hen colors are Bourbon, Chocolate as well as Royal Palm and Buffs. 50.00 ea.. Also have toms to go with most of them if you need one....
I actually have a Blue Palm tom which is very pretty. And a couple of Silver Dapples.

And the rare color of Auburn hens for 60.00 ea.

3 polish hens in black, blue and buff laced 15.00 ea. one silver laced roo as well.

A few call ducks in pied and black bibbed 20.00 ea.

Trio (1 male, 2 females) of brown chinese for 75.00.

Some nice blue cochin bantams hens as well as one nice black roo. 25.00 ea.

I have sebastopols but price varies as to their sex and curls. 50.00 to 75.00 ea.

ill ask my dad for glue traps our snap traps they ate the bait with out it going off
I have never had luck with the snap traps. I have had great success with the poison packets but make sure thay are up high or behind a wall. In my situation, the attached garage had some unwanted visitors and then they climbed to the attic. I placed poison packets on the garage shelves, as well as in the attic. After two treatments, they intruders disappeared. I also bought one of those ultrasonic repellers that plug into the house wiring. It was 10 bucks at Walmart and I thought I would take a shot. It supposedly sends an unpleasant ultrasonic sound wave throughout the walls and wherever the house wiring runs. I cannot say it is effective, but I know since I deployed both the poison and the ultrasonic repller, I have had no more issues in my house or garage. I leave the ultrasonic repeller plugged in all the time so the 'protection' should always be present. Again, I cannot say it is effective--it may have simply been the poison packets--but.....
idunno.gif
Oh, we do not have cats as I am not a cat person--and I am allergic to them. hahaha

For mice, they have things you can plug into the outlets. They might mess with birds though if you have your chickens inside. They work well as long as you have enough for each floor of the house and follow the square footage instructions on the package. Also they do need replacing every 5 yrs or so. Lowes sells them as well as many of those junk catalogs that come in the mail.

My incubator has been up and running for over 12 hours and is staying right at 99.5 to 100. I'm going to let it sit until later tonight and add my eggs. I am getting so excited about my first hatch but a know things can go wrong. Does anyone have any advise for me, do I need anything else? How do I monitor my humidity? Will turning them 2 times a day be ok?

For mice, they have things you can plug into the outlets. They might mess with birds though if you have your chickens inside. They work well as long as you have enough for each floor of the house and follow the square footage instructions on the package. Also they do need replacing every 5 yrs or so. Lowes sells them as well as many of those junk catalogs that come in the mail.
i have 5 babys inside and a cat and 3 dogs so would it affects all of them? and do you know how much it cost for 1?

My incubator has been up and running for over 12 hours and is staying right at 99.5 to 100. I'm going to let it sit until later tonight and add my eggs. I am getting so excited about my first hatch but a know things can go wrong. Does anyone have any advise for me, do I need anything else? How do I monitor my humidity? Will turning them 2 times a day be ok?
I'd get a hygrometer to measure humidity. I have bought several, but found this one to be the most acurite with temps and humidity
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

I think 3 turns a day is the recommended minimum. You want to turn a least an odd number of mes a day. That way the eggs aren't in the Same position every night.

Back
Top Bottom